Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the front tire on my Vulcan and I'm thinking about putting a slightly wider one on it. Has anyone else done this, and do you have pictures? I'd like to see how it looks in advance if possible. Also interested in feedback regarding changes in handling.

FWIW, I don't currently have a front fender on my bike. However, I'd like to keep the option to put it back on if needed.

Thanks in advance!

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
By changing the bearings in the wheel a classic front wheel will bolt on. Replacing the front fender may require some fabrication but you don't run one any way so that will be no problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob. Down the road I might put the 800b front wheel on my bike, but for now that's out of the budget.

When I was at a local tire shop yesterday, they had a couple of different sizes that would fit the 800A front rim, one being slightly larger than stock. Just wondering if anyone has experimented with those...

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
you probably wont feel much difference in handling with a slightly larger tire. say goin from an 80/90 to a 90/90. not sure what sixe you have right now, but it shouldbt be an issue. not sure about the fender tho. always ran my front tire naked. i have a B model front wheel that id swap ya for. if you ever want to swap, lemme know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey spitbeard...I might take you up on the front wheel swap down the road. Does your B model wheel have spokes? Needs to match my current rear.

Noticed the link in your signature...are you a pal of Alleyrat? His bike was one of the main ones that inspired me to get a VN800 and bob it.

I'm doing a couple of other mods to the bike first (tank and handlebars) before I decide what look I'm going for with the wheel, so will stick with the A model wheel for now.

Think I'll stay with the stock tire size since I just found out that NV has a fender law. Currently running the front tire naked, but if they hassle me it's nice to have the option to bolt it back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts