Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
All I can say is that I was riding today on the h way and the front tire would show a lot of changes but the new back tire me 880 meztler would not show a thing. i have 8600 mile on the front( original tire) and still going strong. Just relax and get used to the highway. Try putting in the ear plugs. It does make a lot of difference. keep riding and get use to it.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
I have a ruger SP 101 357 magnum 3 1/16th " revolver and LOVE it. it is one of my IWB carry guns. Mostly in the winter. I have a kahr CW9 for summer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who you gonna believe...the manual or us? ;)

No one here will give you poor advice, and if one of us does, the others will pounce on him/her pretty quickly. You ask a question and you will often get two completely different answers. But, everyone here wants everyone here to be safe. No one will give you bad advice. It seems that lower tire pressure would allow more contact where the rubber meets the road plus allow a little "give" similar to a shock. But, you should be able to feel the difference almost immediately and it should be an improvement. I had the 900LT for four years (now have 2008 Nomad) and I loved how it held an arc and didn't drift...and I have the same feeling with the Nomad. The occasional heavy gust of wind or one-out-of-twenty 18-wheelers will hit you with a big wind (usually the older, square-looking ones), and that might cause you to drift a foot or two for a split-second while you react to it. But I was impressed how well it handled.

If the pressure doesn't do the trick, get one of your experienced riding buddies (you know some at work, at church, etc.) to come test-ride your bike and see what he thinks.

Keep us up-to-date.
Good advise ,does this happen on all byways or just one road? May just be road. All of the advise that was given is good advise.ive been riding 56 years and sold my vn900 classic LT AND BOUGHT A 1600cc mean streak,than a 1700cc yam. Road star Silverado,but I went back to the vn900 LT,BEAUTIFUL BIKE CAN GO ANYWHERE WITH NO PROBLEMS AND COMFORTABLE. NOTHING MORE NEED TO BE SAID,SLAMO OUT!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts