Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there,
I am thinking of ordering the mc-1000-49 engine guards for my 900 classic,and was wanting to see a picture of how they look,specifically if they are any lower than the floor boards...as these are low already...if anyone has these on there bike and wouldn't mind sharing a pic for me to see how they look on the bike I would appreciate it.
thanx
laura

·
Registered
789 Posts
It took me about thirty minuets to put them on by myself. Instructions said easier for two people but it's only me and the Husky and she just likes to watch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx everyone...this has helped.
I was thinking of buying them here at a dealer that carried MC parts they will be about $200.I know its cheaper in the states but by the time i pay for shipping/duty it will come out the same.

I didnt think they stuck out that far...does anyone know of ones that dont stick out so far? the cobras I've already checked out as well and they are the same.

thanx again
laura

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
If you look at the close-up picture I posted, they don't stick out that far. Just slightly farther than the floor boards but higher up. I scrape floor boards all the time and have never scraped the bars (if that's what your wondering). I don't think they stick out as far as the cobras because they have a straightened area in the middle (not rounded like Cobra's).

ride safe!

:D
Aif

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hers the Cobra's which is true they are round but I likey!

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
welll you have enough pics so i dont need to post mine but i have the MC bars on my 900 i went with them over the cobra bars because the squareness over the roundness of the cobra i think makes for a more classic look (personal opinion cobra owners dont jump on me lol)

the floor boards do still touch first (thank god i love dragging the floorboards)
they dont stick out to much

chrome and weld quality is good fit perfect took about 15 mins to install

1 - 11 of 11 Posts