Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought these 900 Classic risers, then I found a bar/riser combo I purchased, so these are extras I don't need.

They are for a 900 but I understand they are the same as 800s, 1500s and several other models. I used risers like these when I installed Classic handlebars on my Custom. These might be a good start to get some mini-apes on your bike. These are very nice and the first $40.00 gets them. Here's a pic of what type of risers they are:

Paypal only. Price includes First Class shipping in the cont. US. Please ask if you have any questions. Thanks!!!

·
Corporal of Marines
18 Posts
For some reason, your picture won't show up on my computer. I'm looking for classic risers to install 1" diameter apes on my 08 custom. If thats what you have and they're still available....I'll take em!

·
Super Moderator
10,737 Posts
@predfan2001

Hello man! I also want to make that change. Did you have to change all your wiring and cables?
Old thread but.....

I added risers similar to these on both an 800B and a 1500 Classic and had to replace nothing as far as hoses and cables.

·
Super Moderator
10,737 Posts
Thanks man! I am short, and want to have the handlebars closer to me, this is a good option!
I'm not a big guy either ;)! Check out this page -> 4'' Pullback Risers for Suzuki Volusia 800 & C90. These are the ones I used on both my Kaws. I liked them b/c of the heavier duty, "beefy" look and b/c they provided both rise and pullback. After installation I rotated the bars down to my comfort point. Just be careful not too go too low or a cable or hose will rub the gas tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh, but I still have the Custom's OEM dragbars, those are the ones that I want to pullback. i have to ride leaned forward. I have checked out the Classic's bars and they are very comfortable to me

·
Super Moderator
10,737 Posts
I've never ridden with drag bars, always shied away from them as I'm not tall enough and I'm old. Much leaning forward aggrevates the back and elbow joints horribly. Rather than using risers have you considered changing the bars to a more swept back style?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've never ridden with drag bars, always shied away from them as I'm not tall enough and I'm old. Much leaning forward aggrevates the back and elbow joints horribly. Rather than using risers have you considered changing the bars to a more swept back style?
Definetively. Something similar tho the classic's, but narrower. They seem too wide. I will check it out. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts