Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

· Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
VN900t,
We really an not trying to be D1cks but frequently an account with only 1 (or a very few) post will come on and claim all sorts of stuff. It can often be a spammer who wants to sell something. Not always though, some are just new guys. We here at the forum have a NEED for photos. If you are in fact for real we will hassel you far a complete write up and some photos. Lets see whatcha did to that 9.

· Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
Looks like you may be right Mr Clean. No response and still just that one post. Gotta wonder what gets into folks sometimes. Go to the rtrouble of signing up just to make a HIGHLY unlikely statement and then not back it up. Spammer or pot stirrer.

· Registered
132 Posts
Looks like you may be right Mr Clean. No response and still just that one post. Gotta wonder what gets into folks sometimes. Go to the rtrouble of signing up just to make a HIGHLY unlikely statement and then not back it up. Spammer or pot stirrer.
Wow really, i know i don't frequent this place as most others but dang. Being called out isn't a great way to get proof out of me. But, since I do owe the comunity the proof i said i would deliver. I will post them.

Now, who wants to race?

· Registered
132 Posts
Just another quick note. I am re-designing this winter in hopes to get closer to the 100bhp mark. I promise to let you know how things are going. But right now i'm buy christmas gifts so the bike waits...

· Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, I hear you on the V-twin thing but I want to maximize it as much as reasonable possible. It just seems with the high compression ratio I would be getting a little more kick then it's currently putting out. I am seriously considering the supercharge, actually a turbo but want to hear someone else say they did it and had no problems or they tried and it blew the piston rather then find out the hard way.

How about you experiment on your dads and give me the heads up?
A turbo is the way to go to get more out of these 900s. So far (last half of one season ~3000mi) i haven't had any troubles. It is a bit expensive, but with the proven power inscease, i would say it is completely Justified!

I'm thinking about putting together a kit if anyone would be interested, but I also like having the only one. So I'm still debating it.:mrgreen:

· Registered
229 Posts
You should start your own thread so I can ask a whole bunch of questions without hijacking this thread...

· Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
No offense, but the torque isn't very impressive, and the peak horsepower is at your red line, and I doubt you ride around at 7000 RPM's all day. And with the weight of your ride being around 650 lb's +- plus your weight, you're going to get smoked on the tree at the drags. I'm sure it's a runner on the highway once you get it spooled up, but at the strip.......it's a 14 second bike.
You didn't indicate what sort of pipes you're running, but if they're 'open', get some baffles in them to increase your torque.
I wouldn't have said anything except for your 'who wants to race?" comment.

· Registered
132 Posts
Ok, my last post for the day. Here is a compair from my bike's dyno run completely stock vs. turbo (rev 1).
So no matter what it looks like, I'd say it is a win for the first ever Turbocharged VN900

· Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
haven't dragged it yet, and won't untill after the redesign. How many turbo's have you ran?
The only one I've seen was some cat with a 'Busa that was turbo'ed. And then, he ran it with a stutter box to get the rev's up on the start line. But then, those bikes have a 5 figure redlines, so it's easy to get the turbo spinning when it's wound up to 10,000 RPMs sitting in the staging lights. And it was fast, no doubt about it. But, it was a purpose built drag bike with extended swing arm, wheelie bars, slammed suspension, etc. What I do see racing a lot of are bikes with NOS setups. IMO, that's the quickest, cheapest, bolt on power.
That said, you've really built a sleeper that will surprise a lot of people on the street, and blow equal CC bikes away on the highway. It's very unique.
Can you adjust the boost? What PSI are you running now?
PS; The latest issue of Cruiser show's the 2011 VN900 Customs weighing in at 823 lb's...ouch.

· renewbie
445 Posts
VN900t,
GOOD FOR YOU!
That's quite an accomplishment.
Be proud.
That took a lot of guts.
I don't pretend to understand the technical details of what you've done, or the difficulties that you overcame, or the passion that you put into it, or the hours and hours that you dedicated to getting it done, but I can read the graph and that is quite an improvement.
CONGRATULATIONS

· Registered
3,157 Posts
Gosh, all that taunting and it still took 4 months to get pictures;=)

Don't take it personal vn900lt, we do it to EVERYBODY. Fact is, there is a Stebel thread on here asking for pictures of the guys new horn. Gotta look like about 1000 others we've asked for pictures of, but it's still fun.

And I don't think Scott's VN2000 really needs a turbo to keep you at bay. But it wouldn't hurt, much.

· Registered
132 Posts
The only one I've seen was some cat with a 'Busa that was turbo'ed. And then, he ran it with a stutter box to get the rev's up on the start line. But then, those bikes have a 5 figure redlines, so it's easy to get the turbo spinning when it's wound up to 10,000 RPMs sitting in the staging lights. And it was fast, no doubt about it. But, it was a purpose built drag bike with extended swing arm, wheelie bars, slammed suspension, etc. What I do see racing a lot of are bikes with NOS setups. IMO, that's the quickest, cheapest, bolt on power.
That said, you've really built a sleeper that will surprise a lot of people on the street, and blow equal CC bikes away on the highway. It's very unique.
Can you adjust the boost? What PSI are you running now?
PS; The latest issue of Cruiser show's the 2011 VN900 Customs weighing in at 823 lb's...ouch.
Stated curb weight from Kaw is 619.6. so that must have been with their rider
2011 Vulcan® 900 Classic SE Cruisers - Kawasaki.com

and in stop light racing, ~1600+ cc bikes are my only compitition so far. Can't get too many crusers to play around.

Sorry if I sound cocky, but i get kind of defensive when told i'm lieing or that my bike can't do what I've proven it to do. If anyone has stock or modded dyno runs for a Mean Streak and/or VN2000 i'd love to see them and compair charts. Esp. for after my redesign. I'm shooting for 100+bhp. Here's to breaking stuff!:-D

I am running completely open exhaust, cuz in turbo applications restrictions hurt the spooling of the turbo. I have done some research.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts