Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an 08 Vulcan 900 Custom. I recently installed Cobra speedster shorts, Barons BAK, and Cobra FI2000. After the first test ride everything was fine except I was getting the (expected) popping on deceleration. To try and eliminate the popping I marbled the hose that comes off the back of the air box that feeds the air switching valve... still getting pops on decel. I then checked for exhaust leaks using smoke from a cigarette.. there doesnt appear to be any leaks at all.

I have seen the reed valve block off plates that are available for other vulcans. Since these kits are not made for the 900, couldnt I essentially do the same thing by putting another marble in each of the hoses that go from the air switch valve to the reed valve? (so I would then have a marble in each hose of the whole assembly).

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Once I had $$ now a bike
115 Posts
Great to see so many newbie's on the site, one myself, I did the big 3 last year and marbled and still have not been able to stop the decel popping, i am now at the point where i just accepted it and convinced myself that "I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THAT SOUND" , i also really think the popping is from the unburned (is that a word) fuel hitting the end of the hot pipe, just can not seem to get a good view of it at night :wink:. If you are having good weather (we are not ) go riding and have fun, put a few on for me as we are expecting snow in march in Dallas :eek:

Before any else chimes, in the rule for newbies is

NO PIC'S YOU DO NOT EXIST.

We like to see the rides, not just talk about them. So post soon please.
Been hanging around here a long time and you will not find a better bunch of guys to get info from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to see so many newbie's on the site, one myself, I did the big 3 last year and marbled and still have not been able to stop the decel popping, i am now at the point where i just accepted it and convinced myself that "I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THAT SOUND" , i also really think the popping is from the unburned (is that a word) fuel hitting the end of the hot pipe, just can not seem to get a good view of it at night :wink:. If you are having good weather (we are not ) go riding and have fun, put a few on for me as we are expecting snow in march in Dallas :eek:

Before any else chimes, in the rule for newbies is

NO PIC'S YOU DO NOT EXIST.

We like to see the rides, not just talk about them. So post soon please.
Been hanging around here a long time and you will not find a better bunch of guys to get info from.
Yeah I will definitely be posting pics ASAP, but I am actually at work right now. Unfortunately the weather is perfect for riding but I have to work a 13 hour shift :( .. but I would still love to hear suggestions from anyone who may have any experience with this. Thanks again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with bytehead. I added pipes and a fuelpak last summer and then intake just a few weeks ago. After putting on the pipes, and fuelpak..I had quite a bit of popping. So I went ahead and marbled, it did cut down on some of it, but it is still very noticeable to me. It was my first bike, so I was very concerned. No leaks, everything was put on right. Like people told me, with the stock exhaust you probably had the same pop. It was just much quieter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had the same problem, I changed the setting on my FI2000 and the popping stopped, I think the FI2000 comes set at 433 for Vulcan, adjust the setting.

Hello,

I have an 08 Vulcan 900 Custom. I recently installed Cobra speedster shorts, Barons BAK, and Cobra FI2000. After the first test ride everything was fine except I was getting the (expected) popping on deceleration. To try and eliminate the popping I marbled the hose that comes off the back of the air box that feeds the air switching valve... still getting pops on decel. I then checked for exhaust leaks using smoke from a cigarette.. there doesnt appear to be any leaks at all.

I have seen the reed valve block off plates that are available for other vulcans. Since these kits are not made for the 900, couldnt I essentially do the same thing by putting another marble in each of the hoses that go from the air switch valve to the reed valve? (so I would then have a marble in each hose of the whole assembly).

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts