1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
I was looking at that one a couple weeks back... Check his feedback. Some of the buyers have been stating that that crome is very poorly done. I was interested until I read what other buyers had said about his products.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I like the fact that it has a luggage rack incorporated intot he design, not a bolt-on, looks clean. Almost like gettin' a 2-fer the price of one.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have read the feed back. at least the 1000 most recent. I read one person that sayed it wasn't chromed well and probably 250 that sayed it was fine. Also a few other sayed that the mounting bolts were not long enough. I emagine that in some cases you'll need longer bolts. I'm still thinking about it. It is about $100 bucks less than most others. I sure I could find longer bolts.

Has anyone else read anything horrible in the feed back?

·
Registered
340 Posts
You can buy a lotta longer bolts with the $100 you'd be saving. Some people will complain about anything. ;)

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I like the fact that it has a luggage rack incorporated intot he design, not a bolt-on, looks clean. Almost like gettin' a 2-fer the price of one.
It's not... it's a $69 option and sandwiches between the fender brackets and the square stock the bar is made from.

The bar itself looks good. The chrome on the fender brackets looks okay, but it doesn't look like the surface of the steel is perfectly flat.
The chrome on the exposed area of the luggage rack looks horrible. It looks like he's chromed over mill scale that wasn't fully cleaned off.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up finding a used cobra sissy bar and rack for only 175$. All in pretty good condition.

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
I bought both my sissybar and luggage rack from these guys..... If your looking for great chrome... don't buy it, The chrome does have flaws but at the time I didn't have alot of money and needed the sissy bar for a trip. It will work for now but the chrome is not great. The luggage rack the chrome is better than the sissy bar but again not perfect. If you want cheap then there good, but if your looking for perfection, go with the cobra

·
Registered
282 Posts
I bought both my sissybar and luggage rack from these guys..... If your looking for great chrome... don't buy it, The chrome does have flaws but at the time I didn't have alot of money and needed the sissy bar for a trip. It will work for now but the chrome is not great. The luggage rack the chrome is better than the sissy bar but again not perfect. If you want cheap then there good, but if your looking for perfection, go with the cobra
always keep in mind .... You get what you pay for !!! :cry: or :biggrin:
that counts all over the world

Cheers from downunder

1 - 13 of 13 Posts