Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello "RichLockyer"..
MY Bad..
I'm sorry did Not pay attention to Old Thread(date)
But I hope My information was useful, nonetheless!
All the Best, MrLee

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I just bought a Yausa (highly rated) replacement sealed battery for my 1500 Vulcan, the same battery that you are looking for at $65.00. Yes there are places (dealer) that will charge you $130 for this batter.

YTX16-BS YUASA - USA SMF 12 16 6.01 3.4 6.13 + - 10.3 $65.08

Here is the online link where I purchased mine.

Motorcycle Batteries - Wholesale and Retail Motorcycle Batteries
What a difference the years make. The exact same YTX16-BS today from the exact same website costs $90. Heh. I was hoping for some savings. Boohoo ;)

Costs the same from the Kawi dealer.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Do not put the YTX16-BS in an EFI vulcan.
That was the original spec for the carb'd 1500s, but it is only a 14ah battery.

The EFI Vulcans... in spite of the listings on the supplier web sites... require the YTX20CH-BS. It's the same amperage as the Harley battery (YTX20-BS) but in the same case as the YTX16-BS.

The YTX20CH-BS can be had for anywhere from $90 to $120, but be careful, a lot of the cheaper sources do not include the acid.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
The batt in the link says 16 Ah. Hmmm.

I guess I'll just pay the premium from ordering straight from the Kawi dealership... better than wasting my time buying the wrong battery.
YTX16 is a 14ah battery.
If the vendor lists it as 16... all the more reason to avoid buying from them ;) .... or more likely... that particular brand (Yakia). Never heard of the brand, it's possible that they are either selling a YTX20CH-BS as a YTX16-BS... or it's possible that they are misrepresenting the product.
Either way, YTX is a Yuasa part number. Panasonic and other battery manufacturers generally use their own numbers and cross-reference. I'd be worried about the Yakia being a cheap Chinese clone.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts