Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to the forum and have decided to move on from my older 90's Voyager. I've really liked the "Drifter" for years and there are several in close proximity for sale. I weigh 250 lbs. I know the Vulcan has a great reputation and I like the feel of the road. I believe with a windshield and backrest I'll be fine. Most travel would be highway and NOT interstate. Is a 900 good enough or with my weight would a 1500 be mandatory? Anxious for opinions!

·
Super Moderator
11,053 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I used to ride with a bigger guy and the 900 was more than adequate for everywhere we went, including the interstates. Most of our riding was 55-60 mph US hwys and we could easily cruise all day long. Most of us used a wind shield and fork lowers for wind, it makes for a much less tiring day, pullback risers for we height challenged and I had a Mustang seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the opinion. I'm really happy to hear that because although it had absolutely nothing to do with the ride I believe the 900 is the better looking bike. I'm also happy to hear it because I'm getting a little long in the tooth(70) and I really like the idea of being able to ride a bike that doesn't seem like a tank. I sold it a few years ago but I also had a Harley Ultra for over a decade and it never seemed like riding a motorcycle to me. Just too big and heavy! Once again thanks. Time to go shopping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts