Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the VUlcan hard bags and if so, how do you like them? Enought room to hold some stuff?

·
Registered
24 Posts
vulcan hard bags

I have a pair of LeatherLyke bags. They are hard bags made of two layers of ABS plastic. They are lockable and weather proof. I have had two rides of 15 miles or more in a torrential down pour at 55 mph and my gear remained dry. I dropped my scooter when I got her off center to the right a little. I had a total knee replacement in February and my right knee was too weak to hold her up. She landed on the right handlebar and right bag. She only suffered a minor scuff to the bag and a small scratch on the front fender. It wasn't a slam to the ground as I was able to resist the fall some. There was no structural damage to the bag at all. They mount on two quick release studs that replace the fender bolts. They require no other special hardware. They were a little pricey at $450 but they were worth it to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
vulcan side bags

another note for minnzoo 3: My scooter is a 03 Vulcan Classic and her name is Gwyneth. The bags I have are a very good size and I really wouldn't want to put anything larger on her. Of course you never have enough storage space so I am considering a trunk and a luggage rack behind my passenger geat rest. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to their website. I like their bags and they are cheaper than Kawi's and still lockable. If we decide to get some bags, these will probably be te ones. Thanks,

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts