Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinda gas mileage is anyone getting on their Vulcan. Seems like I'm gettin about 35 with V&H straight piles. Mostly in town.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I get about 37 mpg with stock pipes. Ditto for a friend that has an identical bike. A bit less when I need to satisfy the urge to accelerate hard.

·
Registered
837 Posts
same here...35 w/ v&h pipes...less when i get a little crazzy :twisted:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Factor in Speedo Error

I get 40mpg - %10 speedo error = 36mpg

Does anybody know how to adjust the speedo to be accurate?

Although it does keep me close to the speed limit - kinda like setting your clock ahead so your not late...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

38mpg's for me riding like granny :lol:

forget the speedo-just live with it-you can get a bolt on calibrater to correct it but its not cost effective imo - just figure 10% error and ride :lol:

·
Registered
570 Posts
37-48 on my V2K, depending, of course, on how much I twist. I'm under the impression the odometer (and, therfeore mpg calculations) is accurate even though the speedo is off by 10%.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Between 50 and 52 on my 900 Custom; cobra dragsters and fi2000r; but I haven't got my hypercharger (yet) ;)

·
Pinson, Alabama
416 Posts
My 900 is between 45 and 50.

I wonder why on the Kawasaki site the 1500 has such a reduced advertised gas mileage than the 1600?

·
2007 Vulcan 900 Classic
172 Posts
46-50 depending on how I'm riding.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm under the impression the odometer (and, therfeore mpg calculations) is accurate even though the speedo is off by 10%.
I also heard the same thing on here at one point.

The best I've gotten is 49.3 mpg during a trip to the 4 Corners area. Around town i'm in the upper 30's.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Wow! I average 52 on mine, then again it's a 900 Custom.
900 didn't exist, and the Nomad and Meanie were still 1500's when this thread was started ;)

·
Finally Riding Again!
1,017 Posts
48MPG consistently. Though I have noticed that it seems to run stronger, more powerful feeling and sounding, when I fill with Shell V-Power as opposed to Chevron equiv. But the mileage stays nearly the same no matter which I use.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts