Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , new to the site. Nice place.. heres the bike i have just recently picked up and i am going to do a little work to. its 96 vulcan 800 classic, its been poorly repainted and a little neglected. these pics are all befores and shes already lookin a 100% better but i dont have any progress pics yet.

so far i have cleaned out the fuel system, new plugs, chain and sprockets, dissasembled and cleaned up a bit and put back together to shake down any mech issues before i paint it.. were runnin pretty nice at the moment and all i need is a rear brake cable and speedo cable if anyone has any, or suggestions for fast cheap parts online.. nice to meet you all !!!

feel free to comment on any mods or appearance issues !

i like the wide look in front, but i was thinking of stripping it down a little and taking the bags and rear footboards off (or at least paint the bottoms black) for a cleaner look.. im thinking of an amateur gunmetal grey paint job..

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
It's too bad that someone wouldn't take care of such a nice bike but it sonds like you'll give it a good home. It has a lot of potential especially if it's basically mechanically sound which it seems to be. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im kinda glad they did because it allowed me to get into it at the right price and now i can just make it my own. .and it is cleaning up amazingly.. wait for the afters :)

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
I sort of like the paint and patina, gives the bike character. Previous owner must have used it as it was meant to be used, for riding and not just for polishing. It might have seen better days but this is your oportunity to make it your own. I would say keep the rust and keep it coming, scrap the sissy bar and luggage rack, maybe the bags to. Maybe a solo seat and lowering the rear. Just don't try to make it look as if it just left the factory floor again, there are allready so many anonymous stockers out there. What do you want it to be?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.