Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a newbie I didn't realize that I'm too tall for my Vulcan 800 until I put a few hundred miles on it. Now I know that I should be sitting much farther back (or up?) than I am with the standard seat. Are there any seats that will fix this problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
To TALL???

Huh? You mean the wind hitting you, or is it a problem with your helmet bouncing of of your knees when you are riding?
I'm a lot cconfused about how you could be to tall. There are taller windscreens to help keep the wind off of you...
I guess that if yoru legs (inseam) is real long... you might be able to a boatshop and have them custom make you a slightly taller and move the hump further back for you...and then again you could also order a different set of handlebars to keep you in the proper stance. I have a buddy that is in the Custom bike business and he didn't want to cover his fenders and all with a massive seat, so he made a solo seat, even shaved out the foam and the material is only powerstapled to the plywood bottom piece...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TALL

IF you have a great dealer he might let you trade up to a diffferent bike...just something to try...It may or may not cost you anything depending upon how nice they are, and what you trade up to. I think that Kawasaki is having a slow year on some of their larger bikes, like the Mean Streak....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts