Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw it around here somewhere...a thread about jiggly Vulcan tail lights. I have this problem -- when idling, the thing looks like it's going to vibrate right off the bike. I've done a ton of searching on keywords here in the forums, but just can't find it.

Does anyone else experience this? Is it a Vulcan trait? Should it be addressed? I seem to recall that, in this thread, someone suggested it meant to vibrate by design (?) Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i've never noticed either of mine vibrating :?:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good morning Ken...

I dont know if "vibrating" is the right word, BUT the two I have , ie Vulcan 1500A and the 1500B or ( Vulcan88 SE ) have both got vibration mount bushings ( natural rubber ) where the Tail-light assembly secures to the fender on the SE and internally under the lens on the "A".. This is done usually to protect the lamp filaments from road shock. ie: if it appears 'wobbly' it is supposed to be that way.!

regards..........

Ernie in NH

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I grab it, it has some "slop". Maybe a 1/4" play in each vertical direction. Is this what you mean?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a 98 Vulcan Classic and it's the same way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Ken...

Wow...! 1/4 inch slop or free play.. Mine are tight and secure but simply wobbly because of the rubber bushing, there is no free play. I'll check two other Vulcans tomorrow morning and report back. But also if Grunt has the same situation, maybe its intended to have that 1/4 inch freeplay though its hard to imagine !

regards......

Ernie in NH

·
Registered
4 Posts
floppy or sloppy tail light

I own a 94 VN 1500A or as it is commonly known, a VN88,,,, Floppy tail light,, yes, I have it,, too. 35,000 miles of floppiness,,, and this is the other pain I have now also... the metal from the bottom of the fender to the rear tail light assembly is now cracked also,, has been now for two yrs.... will repair someday after the tail light falls off the bike....

there you go,,, hope all is well with you,,, have a great floppy day :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

****,now i gotta go around shaking everybody's tailight :lol:

must be a quirk on the older ones though-have not seen that on the newer
models

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, mine is a 2000. But I don't want to wait until something breaks. Another set of rubber grommets (sp?) ought to do the trick. Thanks for the information everyone! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi there cls..

Say, is it possible for you to take a digital photo of the 'crack' and post it here ?? I have never seen or heard of this !

My 95 VN88 has now over 80k and still looks fairly new..! No signs of cracks or fatigue anywhere. Thats why I'd like to see your situation. Now we need some smart person on this forum to tell us how to do that !!

Thanks.......

Ernie in NH

[/img]

·
Registered
4 Posts
sloppy tail light and split rear fender

Ernie,,,,

the split in the rear fender is just that,,, a vertical split from the bottom edge of the fender, dead center, split vertically straight up to the mounting hole for the rear tail light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts