Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Obsessed Biker
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a correct way to install throw-over saddlebags on a 2006 Vulcan 1500 Classic FI? So far, I had to remove that bracket under the passenger seat. The seat fits kind of wobbly now, but is secure.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Any advice would be grealtly appreciated,
Thanks, :D

-Mark.

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Let me get this right... Did you remove this part from the rear seat..??

Attachments

·
Ridden like a Ford!
4,063 Posts
i installed a throw over saddle bag on my 05 1500 and removed the backseat and the seat frame underneath. i had to trim some of the pleather (plastic leather) so i could get the screws to the frame back on. it was a little difficult to get the backseat back on since the plastic tab on the seat barely fit between the strap and the frame. it took some elbow grease, but i did it and the seat is not wobbly.
your seat is probably wobbly because the front tab is not in right in the frame.
keep trying. you will get it in

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Is there a correct way to install throw-over saddlebags on a 2006 Vulcan 1500 Classic FI? So far, I had to remove that bracket under the passenger seat. The seat fits kind of wobbly now, but is secure.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Any advice would be grealtly appreciated,
Thanks, :D

-Mark.

Not a good idea to remove that bracket. It holds the seat on. The way I did it was punch holes in the bags flap where the bracket bolts are and install the flap under the bracket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used throw-over saddlebags on my 99 1500 drifter, but they scratched my fender. I seprated the two bags, attached them to plate aluminum and with spacers attached them to my seat frame. They work great and are large enough to carry lots of "stuff". If you email me at [email protected] I will send you to a kodac site where I have some pictures. All my pictures are too large to post on this forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
saddlebag pics

I used throw-over saddlebags on my 99 1500 drifter, but they scratched my fender. I seprated the two bags, attached them to plate aluminum and with spacers attached them to my seat frame. They work great and are large enough to carry lots of "stuff". If you email me at [email protected] I will send you to a kodac site where I have some pictures. All my pictures are too large to post on this forum.
saw your post, can you send me the link to the pics, I am looking into installing bags on my drifter 1500....thanks ahead of time.

cb

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
May I ask what you have the bag on the rear mounted to? I really like that idea, very nice bike.

I'll second the motion to puch holes in the leather or hard mount them as shown.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
114 Posts
May I ask what you have the bag on the rear mounted to? I really like that idea, very nice bike.

I'll second the motion to puch holes in the leather or hard mount them as shown.
[/QUOTE]

theres a rail just below the stop light that i just looped the bag around. when i remove my windshield for the warmer riding months i move the toolbag to my front forks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts