Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! just picked up a 93 vulcan 500. it won't crank and i don't see a fuse box. where is it located? there are two wire plug ins by the left side by the battery box. each has 5-8 wires in it. is that for a fuse box?

·
Registered
142 Posts
its actually tolerable today...85 at the moment and overcast...just so doggone humid...but it was 105 day before yesterday and STILL doggone humid...guess I should get out there before its 100 again tomorrow...

Ok...trudging out to the driveway...

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
its actually tolerable today...85 at the moment and overcast...just so doggone humid...but it was 105 day before yesterday and STILL doggone humid...guess I should get out there before its 100 again tomorrow...

Ok...trudging out to the driveway...
Glad I could help. It least drag it into the shade. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep...fuse box should be sitting on top of your battery....
The main fuse is under the left side cover
well it's not there. Do you have a picture of it so i can get a idea what it looks like? also is the main fuse the one on the selenoid?
thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh and if you dont have a repair manual (Haynes or Clymers) get one....best $30 investment for your bike
thanks for the pictures, that got the job done. Nope no fuse box i guess the previous owner needed it for a door stop or something. it's gone. no wonder i don't have power every where. the main fuse on the starter selenoid is there and is functioning fine. i ordered a fuse box on e-bay. it is for a 94 and mine is a 93 hope it works. i was trying to find a factory manual instead of haynes. but so far no luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
yeah the junction box didnt change between those years it doesnt look like...so it should fit fine

I wasnt ambitious enough to look for a shop manual (though at the rate my bike is going I may need to...lol)...so the Haynes has served me well...

good luck in getting it up and going

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the junction box didnt change between those years it doesnt look like...so it should fit fine

I wasnt ambitious enough to look for a shop manual (though at the rate my bike is going I may need to...lol)...so the Haynes has served me well...

good luck in getting it up and going
thanks for your help. i may have to take whatever i can find in a manual. sa shop manual for a 500 in that year seems to be hard to find

1 - 13 of 13 Posts