Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
dolly
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 'Sows Ear' was a parts bike frame rotted in back ,etc but motor trans will be getting rebuilt plus have 2 other good motors so.
Anywho Looks like this will work out pretty well,,will get it over to the shop blast it all and line things up proper,,much lighter bike now and should be fun to putt around with this summer

..thinking of putting somekind of forward / Reverse box where the 45 tranny mounts,,but don't know how practical that would be,,Or maybe just a battery box who knows

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Hehe, very cool. I like it. Can't wait to see the rear end attached. You will be getting lots of comments on this one.

·
T,J&R 4ever
1,369 Posts
looks good can't wait to see it done

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Screwdrivers -- $8
Claw Hammer -- $12
Hacksaw -- $4
Vice Grips -- $7

Ingenuity, creativity & uniqueness = Priceless!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Here's the solo option ,,would need to extend the rear a bit though
What year and displacement is that? You can see the Kawasaki stamp on the side case but I don't think I've ever seen one that old

·
dolly
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That particular one is a 1967 W1SS 650 they were a copy of teh BSA a-10 ,,they were only made a few years ,,it is a pre unit bike

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
There's a LOT of work needed there! I'm certain it will draw plenty of attention when it's finished.

·
dolly
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well came up with an idea to make things line up a lil more stable ( tie downs did help though ) :) used plumbing pipe hangers allows for adjustmenst and holds things far better,,Frame should al be done By Val. Day :)

·
dolly
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well was'nt liking that look so put a piece of teh old frame back in and I'm much happier with the look and teh lines..also mocked up a hand shift set up ( I know really rough but you get the idea ) will nave adj, linkage on shifter side,,and bend the brake pedal to a better position or use something else,,all in all I figured why waste that nice crossover system :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts