Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are at least 3 W650s within 60 miles of my abode on Harris Brake Lake, AR. Do none of them read this forum? Why, when Kaw cruisers are mentioned, the W650 is ignored? Is it because it is mistaken so often for an old restored Triumph. I had a TR6R, a BSA A10 (Gold Flash), and a 500 Royal Enfield. Except for the seat on the Enfield and the way it handled, none of them can hold a candle to the Kaw. In over 9 years it has never failed to bring me home. Any other Kaw cruisers make that claim?

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I don't think it's classified as a Cruiser... but more of a Standard or maybe UJM. That, plus the fact they were only sold in North America for one year, is why I suspect there's not much about them in this forum.

Personally I love them and wish they were available here. I can't seem to find a real Cruiser that fits me. But the Bonneville does and I suspect the W650 would as well. Love the styling of both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, they were sold in England and I suspect other foreign markets as well, at least from 2000 thru 2003. At least those are the years I have seen advertised for sale in English bike mags. The Triumph fans griped about Limeys buying a riceburner and the W650 riders usually responded with comments like "If I wanted a bike that locked up in gear, shed bits, leaked oil,etc." Kawasaki couldn't give them away here due to the Vtwin mania.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts