Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me...2001 W650 as clean as the driven snow with 3800 miles. Been sitting in a garage a long time (with gas in the tank). I have located and ordered a shop manual and installed a new battery. The previous owner (family friend who passed away some time ago) was pretty meticulous about his machines and I think with some attention to the fuel supply, this bike will be pretty much brand new. I expect to have to rebuild the carbs. Can anyone steer me to the proper rebuild kit?

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ,there are seller's of kits on Ebay , but if the bikes as good as you say then I would use original bit more pricey but you know what your getting,shown you Partzilla as it also shows which other bikes they fit in your search for value
also
Thanks for that link. Apparently Kawasaki does not provide a rebuild kit for this carb but they do sell the individual parts. I'll wait to get the manual and get them opened up to see what is needed. I suspect it may just be selected O rings and a good cleaning. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found an aftermarket rebuild kit that advertised that it would fit a 2001 Kawasaki W650. It came in and wasn't even close. I sent it back. The carbs are Keihin and they have CVK molded into the upper portion of the body. Engraved in the other side is G498 COLQ. Has anyone purchased an overhaul kit for these carburetors and if so, can you post a link? So far, I have been surfing e-Bay and Google and I find plenty of rebuild kits but they do not appear to match the parts in this carb. Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts