Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Would anyone be willing to trade a late 70's/early 80's KZ1000 for a 1998 Mustang Cobra (Chrome Yellow)? Cobra is and has always been 100% stock unmolested and in extremely good condition always garaged and has only seen rain about 5 times. 27,000 miles!!! Synthetic oil changed much more often than needed. Never even a minor fender bender...110% straight.

What I am looking for is an extremely mint condition and low mileage KZ1000...preferably an EFI one but that is just a bonus. I'm not a good poker player...if you have an absolute RINGER...I might even trade straight up. Please e-mail me [email protected] if you are interested...thanks!

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
Stay away from old school Kawasaki FI if you want to ride.
Even up for your Cobra puts you on an 1982 ELR., Which for MY money is the only one to get really excited about. NOT A 1983!!!!! That's top end of ELR money, if your Cobra's worth 12-14K.
Another pick is a DEAD MINT, original paint, stock pipe, NO MODS AT ALL 1973 Z-1.

I will inflame MANY on this site with my opinion. Those are the only Kawasakis which will EVER be worth any money. Others are too common.

Good dark horse picks are 1976 KZ900LTD. Original red, 4/2 Jardines, Goodyear Eagle RWL tires.

1978 KZ1000D Z-1R Metallic Stardust Silver (light metallic blue) Better have the FACTORY 4/1 exhaust.

For that money, they need to have a paper trail, original paint, and be out of a time capsule.

No that won't buy MY KZ1000R.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greeat post. Fantastic post. Really good stuff. I know it would be unlikely to find a bike that realistically is worth what my Cobra is worth...and an owner that is willing to do it? Bah.

I have narrowed it down to 80-82 KZ1000's-LTD. Just like the wheels and the looks and the power and the sound. That's all. LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts