Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Waiting for new middleweight cruiser comparo

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mwmalotte 
#1 ·
First off long time no see, I always love coming on here and now have officially decided to chime in more often you guys have always been amazing when it comes to my questions and I really thank you all.

But im on here to ask has anybody heard of a new middleweight cruiser comparison coming out anytime soon? I swear it's been forever and with all these gorgeous bikes we have now I think it would be the best one yet.

Plus im in the market to buy a little bike this year I love my 440 but I need something with more balls for one more year then give it to my dad and buy my 900 CUSTOM (salvating thinking about it), so I would love a comparo on the 900 with the new V-star 950, the phanton 750 shadow, throw in the 650 v star I jsut don't understand what there waiting for.

All the best guys and awesome if you've heard anything.

P.S- Anybody else hate what they didto the M50 looks ugly now I used to love that bike.

#4 ·
These machines haven't changed much over the last few years. There are plenty of comparison articles already written. The 900 doesn't win any of the shootouts I've read but it is consistently near the top of the list. For me the 900 had all the features I wanted, fuel injection, belt drive, dual exhaust, nice seat height, counter balanced engine, liquid cooling, big tank and I love the neutral finder. Nothing else I looked at had that combination of features. Plus just look at the lines of the bike, follow the forks up to the peak of the tank then smoothly down to the seat then back up and over the fender, it all just flows. Next stand behind the bike and admire hourglass shape created by the tank and the seat. (my wife doesn't call her the other woman for no reason :) ) I think all the Kawi bikes have nice lines.

#5 ·
comparisons should have a disclaimer that says "for entertainment purposes only"

I might read them but i certainly wouldn't consider buying a bike off of what i read.

A bike has to fit you and you have to like it, in most cases someone who buys a new bike is kind of stuck with it for a few years.

read them but always remember they are the views of the person that compared the bikes, im 6' 3" and 240 lbs, it really dont matter what someone thats 5'4" and 140 lbs writes about a bike in a review.

#6 ·
just read the first ride of the new shadow phantom and at the end said there was a new middleweight cruiser comparison coming out next month should be good for some insight into how they all stack up. Really excited to see how the 900 and 950 stack up....Thanks 4 the replys guys.

#7 ·
It probably won't help, but last year when I was doing my research for a new bike, the v-star 950 was the one I felt on paper would satisfy me. I went into the store to check it out in person, and I had "permission" to buy it.. :)
So happened that while I was test setting the v-star that I noticed the kawi 900 beside it, so I sat on it... back and forth... I bought the kawi 900 classic LT because it "felt" better to me... no regrets..

#8 ·
For me the 900 had all the features I wanted, fuel injection, belt drive, dual exhaust, nice seat height, counter balanced engine, liquid cooling, big tank and I love the neutral finder. Nothing else I looked at had that combination of features. Plus just look at the lines of the bike, follow the forks up to the peak of the tank then smoothly down to the seat then back up and over the fender, it all just flows.
Add the fact that it has a gas gauge and you've condensed the 9 months worth of research my wife and I did into 3 very informative sentences :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.