Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is getting pics of their bike's posted, so...
Here are a few I doubt you'll see yet for an EN500.

(except the seat on scootworks, and I like mine better!)

Where's YOUR ignition key? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
Nice color of red! I sometimes wish my ignition switch was there. As it is I have a 900 with the switch on the side below the back of the tank. Makes it hard to get to now & then.
What kind of seat is that?

:D
Aif

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seat

Nice color of red! I sometimes wish my ignition switch was there. As it is I have a 900 with the switch on the side below the back of the tank. Makes it hard to get to now & then.

Aif
It's a one of a kind, done by meancitycycles. on the east coast, from an original EN500 one. He has never made a solo out of a 2 up before, and didn't want to do this one. I talked him into it. It has the memory foam lining.

The ignition location is from my mod. It is on hold for a better switch right now, but have lots of others. Paul Andreasen's Motorcycle Mods Page Once I get the bug out, the 800, then 900 are next I think. Had a lot of requests.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's a one of a kind, done by meancitycycles. on the east coast, from an original EN500 one. He has never made a solo out of a 2 up before, and didn't want to do this one. I talked him into it. It has the memory foam lining.
What'd you do with the bolt-hole that held the back of the OEM seat down? How do you hold the 1-up seat down?

It'd probably be a good mod for me (with a longer luggage rack that is actually worth a **** unlike the Kawasaki one), but I think at this point I want to save up enough money to trade the bike in for something sportier. Can't afford two bikes, sadly :/

·
Super Moderator
10,838 Posts
Lookin' good! You obviously care a great deal for your baby.

But might I suggest more riding and less wrenching? ;) ;)

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Hey Romad-
That seat looks sweet. Do you have a side view pic of the bike with the solo on it?

nice stuff

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Very nice! Really like the little custom graphics. Did you do those yourself, or have them made?

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welllllllllll

What'd you do with the bolt-hole that held the back of the OEM seat down? How do you hold the 1-up seat down?

It'd probably be a good mod for me (with a longer luggage rack that is actually worth a **** unlike the Kawasaki one), but I think at this point I want to save up enough money to trade the bike in for something sportier. Can't afford two bikes, sadly :/
I,ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, haven't got to the seat hold down part yet! Just put it on to show! Working on a set of hooks that go through the existing hardware to the frame mounted rods. Will post when done. Have to work on the switch problem first, and average day in shop just before Christmas is about 12-14 hours. Getting too old for that every day. I can take about any kind of pain and shrug it off, but pure butt dragging exhaustion gets me.
The back hole is going to mount Muther***** of a flag holder!! I had abig one on all the time until the Custom Chrome unit broke! Should have made it myself like I will the new one! And the luggage rack is nest after the seat is on! Ham Radio operators that work emergencies (ARES) have what they call a fly-away kit ready to go. Mine, they jokingly (I think) they call the U-Haul-away kit! I am the guy everyone else borrows from! Packrat Charlie personified! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Graphics

Very nice! Really like the little custom graphics. Did you do those yourself, or have them made?
Those were engraved by a business partner. That is what comes with the kit, or will. Either plain, personalized, or like mine with everything. You know how us old folks need signs on everything!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seat

Hey Romad-
That seat looks sweet. Do you have a side view pic of the bike with the solo on it?

nice stuff
No, I just tossed it on to get a quickie picture. Will have soon. It will be on my site.

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope

Lookin' good! You obviously care a great deal for your baby.

But might I suggest more riding and less wrenching? ;) ;)
I LOVE both!! Especially if someone says it can't be done! Ears go all pointy, breath gets ragged, !

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seat

Aif
Made from an original, cut down to solo size. I posted data here on it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nice job ROMAD. I plan on using the VN1500 ignition relocation kit on my VN800 to move it to the dash area. Looking good though.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Those were engraved by a business partner. That is what comes with the kit, or will. Either plain, personalized, or like mine with everything. You know how us old folks need signs on everything!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nice, I'll be watching checking the site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts