Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions:

1. What is the largest Mud Tire that can fit on a stock 2008 Transmule with out hitting?
2. Anyone have any preference on brands and tread design? I will be using this for duck hunting in some pretty wet and muddy areas.
3. I have read quite a few positives AND negatives about lifting the Trans Mule. I would like to lift it to get bigger tires, but I also don't want to tear it up.

No crazy off-roading, just crawling out to the blind and back. any ideas and/or comments?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I am personally opposed to lifting them and installing big tires. But, many people do it, and I appreciate that they do as I keep my shop busy replacing steering systems, front end parts, and lots of joints from the excessive pressures exerted by the oversize tires and incorrect geometry of the lifting kits.

If you are really serious, and can keep your foot out of it when running in sticky stuff, call the site sponsor and get the lift kit from them and their recommendations on tire size.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i agree with rcw liftin hurts suspension drive shafts joints etc.

bigger doesnt mean better,just look around for a more agressive tread pattern in the same size as stock.if your worried about bite.if ground clearence is an issue maybe 1 size bigger tire will give you a bit more clearence of the ground with out hurtin nothin.but a wider tire will give you the best bite due to the contact patch it gives you.

as rcw stated call up the sponser and tell em what you want to do and they will direct you in what way to go.-corey-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.