Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wide open throttle
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody could point me in the direction i might find a VN900 Classic fender. I want to replace my custom fender with it. Or is there any other fenders that will work? Nomad? 1500/1600 Classic? Older ones? Ideas please!

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
Ebay...I found a take off that Britt's had list and installed on my Custom. I have to modify the wiring and the seat is and issue. The Custom seat doesn't fot a Classic fender. You can just get a Classic or LT seat......or I posted a "how to" on modifying a Custom seat to fit a Classic fender here.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/projects-how-write-ups/109893-how-install-900-custom-seat-900-classic.html

I don't think any other fender will work unless you go with a chopper part (well other than a Britt and such). I measured the distance between the fender struts and found one company has a blank that is the correct width.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
This is my Custom with the Classic rear fender, LT seat and LT bags. I retained the Custom turn signals as you can see.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I did this mod and to me it looked great but no one ever mentioned it looked nice when cruising around town (not that i cared anyways because that's how i liked it then). A couple of months ago I bught a integrated tail light for my ride and decided to put back the original fended that came with the custom and wow the same day I started to get some compliments about my ride again. The reason why I swaped back was because the classic fender has a bracket that holds the signals and if you remove it it leaves a big hole on it. The purpose of the integrated light was to remove those ugly signal lights. Now with the original fender and the integrated light it looks clean, sporty and now everyone else seems to like better too.

PS. almost forgot to mentioned this important update. If you go with the classic fender keep in mind that it will change you seating positioned a bit. I stragled with it after riding for longer than 30 minutes but now with the custom fender back I can go for much longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts