Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Project Bobber
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one on my VN800 bobber I'm doing at the mo, but when you crack the thottle you slide straight off the back...then have to 'munch' your way back up it which ain't easy with 20" of rise on the ape bars and I'm a short arse!!

I have seen a few in the US and Dave (goddarddr) pointed me in the right direction of the perfect Bobber seat <--click there

But it will cost nearly as much to get it to the UK. If anyone knows of a UK company or if someone has one available and won't charge my left nut for postage I would be grateful. :biggrin:

Cheers

This does now have new bars with an extra 4", this picture was taken while it only had the smaller 12" and 4" raisers!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice bike shadders!!! Love what you have done to it, I can't help with the seat much other than to tell you to build your own. It isn't that hard and is way cheap, I have about $15 of materials into mine. I built the pan out of 16 guage plate and re-inforced it after I had the shape the way I liked it. I put some closed cell foam on it and put about 6000 kms on it last year and loved it. Going to get it covered this year. The foam was a camping mat doesn't matter as long as it is closed cell and dense, to soft of foam will sack out right away and give no support.

I put the curl in the seat pan for the exact reason you are talking about. Mine turn out great, comfort wise, and once I get it covered it will look great too...lol

DSCF1718.jpg picture by elgordo_06 - Photobucket

Jockey shift and new side cover. picture by elgordo_06 - Photobucket

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
i was gonna say.... if the base of the seat is metal, why not try and get the leather off, padding removed, and bend the seat pan to the shape you want, flicking the back up so you won't slide off.

then get it re-upholstered.

other than that, ebay could be a good place to look.
or maybe just get it re-covered with a more grippy material.

sowwy could't be of more help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.