Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names Kim, Im 21 and well I have a huge interest in bikes (and Cars) unfortunently i dont have a bike of my own but my dad wont let me which is expected i guess.
Any way just wanted to meet some new people and say hi.

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum, its great to have the ladies perspective on the bikes and riding, have fun! 8)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
BIKE

You don't have to have one to enjoy ALL the input and be any part of the Forum that you want to be in. Perhaps finding a savlaged one (especially with the help of our other AUSSIE's here you can build one back up. Learning about the bike as you build it, asking questions, telling us about how things are going...or just chatting away with us...it's all great! Thank you for joing the FORUM. Beartooth Kawasaki has access to the manuals, so if you find a bike or two that truely inspires you, start with the Owners Manual which is very cheap and when the bug bites you the SERVICE manual...and....just don't forget that we're out here!

W

·
0 Posts
Kim,

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I know this sounds uncool but you have to respect your dad. But if you want to ride then go get a bike and get some good training (Police course or similar) and win him over. My daughter will be after a motorcycle soon so I know what he's going through, trouble is I know just how wonderful biking is!
I had loads of training and passed my advanced test with the UK police - it helped me tremendously with my parents. Mind you, I'm 40 now and they still worry!

Cheers,
Wanderingoffagain

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Kim, and welcome...

I, too, am a newguy to the forum. Riding is great. Take the advice above and do yourself the favor of learning how to do it right. So many times, folks in 4 wheelers just don't see you for some reason so you will need to know how to DIR (Do It Right) and keep yourself safe.

All that said, there is nothing like riding along the country side getting the full sense of where you are (sight, smell, and wind).

You'll Love it. Be proactive and show your folks you're going to DIR and you'll win their respect.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
PlayGirl said:
Hi my names Kim, Im 21 and well I have a huge interest in bikes (and Cars) unfortunently i dont have a bike of my own but my dad wont let me which is expected i guess.
Any way just wanted to meet some new people and say hi.
Hi Kim, don't give up hope. Your dad just cares so much about you that he can't bare the thought of something bad happening to you I am sure. But rest assured that if you take a good motorcycle safety course and prove to him that you can be a safe rider as many of us are he will eventually give in to the reality that his real motive is selfish and that what you want out of life is important too.

I am a dad so I speak this way knowing that I too don't like it when mine want to grow up and do adult things because after all were talking about my babies. But I think more of them than that. My youngest daughter turns 8 today :) My son turns 11 in Sept and my oldest daughter turns 13 on the 2nd of next month. That means she is only 3 years away from driving/riding and I can tell you right now that if she wants to get a motorcycle my reaction to that will not be to deny it but to do everything in my power to make sure she knows how to operate it safely and how to avoid potentially dangerous situations on the roadways before giving her the go. They are all learning now anyway this summer on our family Kawi KH100 :)

Rock on!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts