Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: Okay, I love having the warm weather run through for riding as much as the next biker....but my bike is down right down!!!!! The warm weather just makes it harder on me...:(

Hubby took the tank off and dropped it off at our local body shop last night. He is FINALLY getting the small dents repaired that HE (not me :tongue: ) did last year during Bike Week. The body shop said they will have it ready in a few days, so that's good!

You can see some of the dents here in the red part of the tank:

Removing the chrome looking strip we added:

Poor baby, she's naked!!!!!

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
What do you mean "warm weather go away?" Just when does it ever get cold down there?

Besides, if he's fixing what he did to your bike, that means you get to ride his till yours is ready to ride again. Chaz must have forgotten to explain that part of the deal.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Besides, if he's fixing what he did to your bike, that means you get to ride his till yours is ready to ride again. Chaz must have forgotten to explain that part of the deal.
OMG!!!!! :eek: You're right!!!!! I didn't think of that!!!!
As a matter of fact, he just got his new Corbin solo seat in the mail yesterday!!!!!! I would be more than happy to break that new seat in for him!!!!! Thanks SO much for clueing me in Steve!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Are those your knickers in the pic? They don't look like a Tiger print "G" to me.:biggrin:

·
humble pie consumer
3,853 Posts
i think i know how frustrated you feel, i've only put 50 miles on my "new" bike because of the weather. somewhere in here it must warm up enough to clear the roads so i can ride.

go ahead and take his bike for a spin just to keep in practice. after all you don't want your skills to fade.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i know how frustrated you feel, i've only put 50 miles on my "new" bike because of the weather. somewhere in here it must warm up enough to clear the roads so i can ride.

go ahead and take his bike for a spin just to keep in practice. after all you don't want your skills to fade.
OUCH! Boy, you have that awesome new bike and can't get a break in the weather....I feel for you Art!!!!

As for taking the Nad out.....well, I have YET to ride that other than in our driveway!!! I think it's about time I venture out into the road with it!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bike down=bad

Hubby having manual=good

It'll be OK, it IS January!
Yes, thank goodness he has the manual!!!
It walked him right through the process step by step!!!
I highly recommend the service manual for those that don't have it!!!! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Hi Cheri,

While the tank is in the shop, why not ask them to roll the seam under? I always thought the 900 tank would look great without that seam.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Cheri,

While the tank is in the shop, why not ask them to roll the seam under? I always thought the 900 tank would look great without that seam.
That's an idea!!! I don't like that seam look either, which was why I bought that stripping stuff. I wonder what they would charge....
Hubby has the Nomad and I see how nice his tank looks with it "rolled under" ......hmmmm...thank you for great idea!

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
Hi Cheri, Just curious, is the shop using colorite brand paint, and what are they charging to repaint your tank?..mike

1 - 20 of 84 Posts