Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was so warm today I was outside in shirt sleeves. This after waiting for almost two weeks for the ice on my street to melt. But I couldn't ride to work today; I had to take a bunch of packages to the post office during my lunch break. :( Tomorrow hubby and I are going for a nice, LONG ride. It's supposed to be in the 60s!

Woo hoo for Colorado winter weather!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the weather. Now you can put some good miles on the bike. Hopefully it will stay that way for you for awhile.

I am going to ride in our annual toy run this sunday and it is suppose to get up to 78 degrees. This is a great time of year to ride around here since it is usually in the 60's and 70's most of the winter. Nite time will dip in the 20's sometimes, but the afternoons are really good riding weather.

Since I bought my bike in October I dont know what it will be like to ride in the summer when it's 110. I guess I will find out sooner or later..:)

Now go ride the ****ens out of your bike before it snows again.. :)

LJ

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can't beat this Az. weather for year-round riding.
A friend of my told me about this toy-ride Sunday, sounds like a good idea, and for a great cause. Maybe we'll see you there.

By the way, how do you like the cut-out baffles? Thinking of doing it myself.

Ric

·
Registered
131 Posts
You guys are so **** lucky. Up here in N.Y., it`s in the 30`s - 40`s. The bike is sleeping with the battery tender and Sta-bil in the tank.

·
Registered
148 Posts
From your bros here in so. cali. it was 77 deg. today and I rode with shorts and a t shirt all day down the coast, saw alot of bikers today, but at about 530 pm the temp dropped quick here by the coast so I had to turn it in. H appy holidays and be safe out there!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Saturday got to ride 80 miles.....today (Sunday) I'm going again at noon as the temps are suppose to be in the mid 40's and sunshine in the forecast. This is hard to believe for this area this time of year!

Have fun All!!! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
The temp is in the 70's this weekend, went on a Toys for Tots poker run yesterday. Had about 50 bikes mostly Harleys. 4 Vulcans. Went for a 120 mile ride today.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went for a nice ride yesterday. It was in the mid-60s! I didn't even wear a helmet. It just felt so nice to feel the warm wind through my hair. Won't' be feeling much of that for the next few months. It was much colder today, so I stayed in and put my highways bars on. We might get a few snow flurries this week, but the highs are supposed to be in the 40s most days. I think I'll be able to ride to work a few times this week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Ric

I went on the toy run, and it was awesome. I am guessing around 4000 bikes or so. The temp was in the high 70's which made for an awesome day. We will have to hook up sometime at Chuy's bike nights..

Larry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh, the cutout baffles are great. If you want to hear them, just let me know before the Cruzers get in.

Larry

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
jukief said:
It was so warm today I was outside in shirt sleeves. This after waiting for almost two weeks for the ice on my street to melt. But I couldn't ride to work today; I had to take a bunch of packages to the post office during my lunch break. :( Tomorrow hubby and I are going for a nice, LONG ride. It's supposed to be in the 60s!

Woo hoo for Colorado winter weather!
sounds like you need a trailer for days like that ! i know of a good one i can recommend ....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought that I had died and gone to Heaven.................thousands of bikes, as far as I could see. It was an awsome experience.................and for a great cause.

We'll definitely try to hook up with you sometime, really would like to hear your bike.

Ric

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It's stuck in the 20's here on the south shore of Lake Ontario and we had a few inches of snow that stuck last night. Looks like we're done here. I'm already in withdrawl.

My dad has extended an invite to me with a flight to Orlando. He has a Goldwing and his neighbor has a Road King that is ready for me to ride. Can't wait :)

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry about that, Ken. You folks can have really awful winters up there in Rochester, though, can't you?

It's going to be nice all week here--in the 50s and sunny. I'm going to ride all week. Yay! And then this weekend there's a big bike show in Denver. What a way to top off the week.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vulcan Ric said:
What's this SNOW stuff everyone keeps talking about? :)

Ric

Yeah, yeah... go ahead, rub it in! :D

Thankfully, our snow is almost melted, and the streets have been dry for a week or more. I rode to work this morning. It was cold (29 degrees), but it'll be near 50 when I ride home this afternoon. I haven't had enough time on my new bike. Every time I get on it again, I'm amazed at how smooth and powerful it is. I love my new bike!!!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
weather forecast is showing promising signs for this coming weekend. I don't want to jinx it but if its warmish and dry....

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
yeah, its supposed to be in the twenties here tomorrow and then maybe thirties the rest of the week. so much for warmish here ! dry for now, but the weekend looks to put an end to that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts