Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out there. We had our first really beautiful days over the weekend, and the bikes were everywhere. It's soooooo easy to twist that throttle - gotta do it - but stay in your comfort zone in these first days of good weather. I had 4 guys pass me (I was in my cage) on the interstate doing well in excess of 100 on Busas. They almost snuck up on me as I wasn't expecting it, and I usually watch for bikes.

So just stay cool and ride safe - motorists aren't expecting to see us. I already read about 2 bikers dying this weekend in the Greenville SC area. Make sure those cars see you.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
We hit 45deg yesterday so I went for a ride. With 50+ inches of snow still melting the cages definitely weren't expecting me on the road. Braking on heavily salted roads when a cage cuts you off takes a few years off you. One of the hard parts was getting out of my street. People that are just beginning to shovel threw the snow in the street - I had to ride down the sidewalk for about 20 houses.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
Good advice but I sure envy you.. we just got another 6" dumped on us and nothing above freezing for at least a week. No riding for a while here... :(

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
great advice and yes the cagers are even more numb to our presence on the road right now

·
Registered
497 Posts
We have ridden a few times this month and I certainly felt more invisible than usual, if such a thing is possible :) Only a few folks noticed me and they looked startled!

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
like Linkin park
Great song :mrgreen:

Good advice but I sure envy you.. we just got another 6" dumped on us and nothing above freezing for at least a week. No riding for a while here... :(
We got just enough to make my apartment complex slick (and of course, where I park my bike gets NO sun...so NO melting what-so-ever :rolleyes: ). With the forecast temps...I'm not holding my breath for any riding weather til at least next week :toetap:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great reminder weather was awesome here this past weekend however now we are under a winter weather warning and expecting 1-4 inches of snow and ice, which in the Austin Texas area will shut everything down since we don't do good with anything frozen on the road

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
9 degrees this morning. Ice on every surface. Gonna be a bit before it's riding weather.

However, I did see a Harley rider on a city street on Friday evening. It was snowing heavily and there was a think layer of slush & snow on the streets. I'm hoping he was was caught by surprise having ridden that morning and not just simply insane.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mid-40's and rain next week so it looks like riding time! Woohoo!

Don't worry... it will be fun.

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
We had a couple nice days. Cold, but nice. I almost rode to work the other morning, until I read the thermometer and it said it was only 11. Heck, I still almost rode. :)

But now it's raining and threatening snow, so I will have to wait a little bit. At least I managed to get a couple of quick fixes in this past week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts