Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I knew it couldn't last. My 10 has been too perfect. KHI seems to be poised to announce a safety recall officially on August 3rd for a bad front wheel. Seems there has been 3 incidents world wide of failed front wheels due to porosity issues. According to what I've read, Kawi is recommending owners NOT ride their bikes till the front wheel has been changed out. They said only in "special" cases will they arrange for a loaner bike. This sucks and all the info about this has only been pouring out of Europe. Nothing about this has come out of any US sources. The recall is for ALL 10s. I don't know if the US spec ones are included or not but I would expect the US ones are affected too. Here's a link to MCN's site with the press release:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?p...urceId=1105680&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

Again this sucks. Who knows how long it will take for parts to get to all the dealers and when they will be able to get it done.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. This affects US models too. My bike is listed as part of the recall on Kawi's site as of Saturday. I sent you a reply to your PM. Check your inbox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts