Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I add a Kuryakyn intake and Techlusion Fuel control module will it void the factory warranty of my Mean Streak? :twisted:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Depends on the dealer. Mine says he will cover it, but I've talked to others and they said they wouldn't. I just hope I'm never too far away from my dealer IF I ever need to use the warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Talked to my Kawi Dealer about changing the pipes and install of Power Commander and Thunder Mfg Airbox and he offered to do the work and never said a work obout voiding the Factory Warranty. I live in Northern CA also.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Most dealers will honor it up to the point that you start digging in the engine.(Head jobs, boring etc..) BUT ANY power mod is hot rodding and therefore you just gave them some wiggle room to deny warranty coverrage.(justified OR not) If you want to play, you have to be willing to pay!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

as a rule i've found most kawa dealers very flexible about mods and warranty
every dealer is different- but bolt on stuff usually isn't an issue :wink:

·
Registered
487 Posts
here is the question:
I realize my dealer will do the work under warranty, as most dealers would where you bought the bike. But what happens if you have something go wrong when you are a few states away from YOUR dealer???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts