Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my years with bikes and cars, never had one.

Previous owner installed and gave me Kawasaki Branded air filter soap and oil.
So, what now? rather than list what I think the steps are, can someone please give the step by step using the soap and oil I have? Thanks.

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I assume the clean part is easy, then rinse and let dry.

How do you go about oiling it?

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Well, I assume the clean part is easy, then rinse and let dry.

How do you go about oiling it?
Just like it says...spray liberally until it changes color.

Can't speak on how easy the other types of applicators are...I only use the spray systems.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Be careful in not over oiling the K&N filter, usually a small line of their oil will spread out and saturate the rest of the filter(might take a little while).

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Spray it lightly and let it sit for 20 min, if all of the element isn't red spray again and wait 20 min again. (rinse and repeat kinda thing). Keep in mind you only want just enough to lightly saturate the element, too much oil will cause oil to get into the intake and make the bike run like CRAP until the oil is gone.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Too much oil can cause all kinds of issues...I've heard of cases where its ruined MAF sensors on cars/trucks.

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After coming home and checking, I think I have the wrong stuff. Kawachem cleaner and oil for foam filter. The directions say to soak with oil and then wring dry. Yikes! Guess I'll just go by some K and N products.

If what I have is the wrong stuff, I'll be happy to ship the Kawachem Detergent for foam filters and Oil for foam filters - both sealed. Free!

Let me know

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Skip buying the cleaner. It's nothing more than windex in a fancy bottle. Clean it in the sink with laundry detergent. It's cotton, just like your panties:-D . Don't over spray the red oil on it or you'll end up with a red streak down the side of your bike and your leg. Don't ask me how I know this.

·
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Skip buying the cleaner. It's nothing more than windex in a fancy bottle. Clean it in the sink with laundry detergent. It's cotton, just like your panties:-D . Don't over spray the red oil on it or you'll end up with a red streak down the side of your bike and your leg. Don't ask me how I know this.
Dude, my panties are lamb skin .... :biggrin:

Can anyone use this kawachem stuff? Price is right ...

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
Be careful in not over oiling the K&N filter, usually a small line of their oil will spread out and saturate the rest of the filter(might take a little while).
Get the K&N aerosol oil. The squeeze bottle is waaay too easy to over-oil with. EFI isn't affected as much but carbed bikes would really totally run like crap with an over-oiled K&N.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
There ya go. Didn't find that one with my search. Thanks
no worries :)

yeah, i didn't find it initially with my search, but i knew JC did it, so i searched for it in his created threads...
but it could have been titled better to enable it to be found more easilly

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Love, love, love my K&N filters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts