Saturday, February 9, 2008, 10 AM - 9 PM
Sunday, February 10, 2008, 10 AM - 6 PM
Mid Atlantic-MotorCycle Show
$5 discount coupons on the web site

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be going to Timonium on Saturday -- this year I'll be there when they open. Last year's crowds were intense. I liked the show so much last year, I ended up going back on Sunday with my son.

This year hopefully H-D Steve and Aileen will go on Saturday.

Maybe we can hit Padonia Station after spending time at the show. About 1/2 mile north of the fairgrounds, corner of York and Padonia Rds.

I'm also going to the DC (new) bike show on Saturday. Going to take my daughter there to sit on some bikes :smile:

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
This is shaping up to be a nice event for us all to get together!!!! :biggrin:
So is Saturday the day everybody will be going?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm planning to go on Saturday, along with a few of my motorcycle oriented friends. I haven't met any of you before, any way we can get together at the show? It would be nice to get to know a few of the members of this forum, especially those who live nearby.

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Laura's favorite bike

Last weekend I went to the DC bike show and took my daughter Laura. She'll be 14 in a couple of weeks and she's looking forward to the day when Dad has a 250 Ninja waiting for her after she gets her license and completes MSF BRC. We looked at a lot of other possible bikes, but none of them got her attention like the green 250 she wants.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Mike....why didn't I have a dad like you growing up?!!!!!! :shock:
How awesome!!! You have already put your son on his own Harley Davidson, your wife on TWO different bikes, the Drifter and Intruder.....and now your daughter is bike shopping for a Ninja 250...which by the way, she looks GREAT on!!!!!
>
>
>
Will you adopt me?!!!!! :biggrin:

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Bikini Dream Team at 7:00 on Saturday....

·
Registered
287 Posts
on the way home now...(have the wife driving so I have laptop controls)

a pretty good show...lots of stuff going on...not as much as I was expecting as far as aftermarket stuff goes, a lot of the discount leather stuff and the usual gimmicks and jewelry. a lot of nice bike though..pics will be up later...

I must mention....THE BELTWAY stinks...now I remember why I don't drive thru that section in the excursion

·
Ready2Ride
1,456 Posts
I had a great time at the Timonium show. We met up with Mike, had lunch at a nice restaurant, got caught in a traffic jam, and also enjoyed the show. Very nice show as it was last year. I bought a pair of leather gauntlet gloves, lined with Thinsulate. They also came with rain covers that store in the upper part of the glove when not being used. I was also looking at a very nice rear rack bag, very well made heavy leather with the slant back, but the cost was a little too high for me this time around. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had a great time at the Timonium show. We met up with Mike, had lunch at a nice restaurant, got caught in a traffic jam, and also enjoyed the show. Very nice show as it was last year. I bought a pair of leather gauntlet gloves, lined with Thinsulate. They also came with rain covers that store in the upper part of the glove when not being used. I was also looking at a very nice rear rack bag, very well made heavy leather with the slant back, but the cost was a little too high for me this time around. Maybe next time.
too funny...I got those exact same gloves...for and didnt even notice the rain covers till I read the post:-D

·
Registered
591 Posts
I went on Saturday and had a nice time. There were a lot of cool and interesting bikes there. My favorites where the vintage Indians. But the selection of parts and accessories was poor. I'm used to going to gun shows where if you are looking for a holster you have 100 styles to choose from, and 20 guys selling them, so the prices end up being pretty good. There was a good bit of leather there, but overall not a lot of selection. I was hoping to buy a pair of boots, and maybe some kevlar lined jeans, but not luck. I also didn't see a whole lot of stuff for the bike. Having said that, I ended up finding a leather jacket I liked. They actually didn't have it in my size, but I went to their website and ordered it using the $10 off coupon I got at the show. I can't wait to get it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts