Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday here in western PA was gorgeous!!! Was out riding and stopped by friends of mines place to agitate them on their xmas decorations. Wife called and told me wally mart was having a sale on flat panel tv's. Wanted me to come up and take a look. So, I go up and we grabbed a nice 46 inch high def unit. Love the picture on 1080 resolution!!! Anyways, while going thru the wally world parking lot, some dumb broad pulls out in front of me without even looking. I instinctively hit the brakes (was in 2nd gear) and felt the rear wheel slide to the right, I corrected and then slid left. Then the bike straightened out.
Happened so fast!!! I didn't drop the bike and quite frankly, don't even know what I did to keep it straight and up. I do remember beeping the horn and let loose with a plethora of 4-letter words!!!! And I also remember for the next five minutes how jumpy I was and pretty much shaking all over. If I had not been paying attention, I would have been an ornament on a cream colored SUV.
So, those of you riding doing some shopping for the holiday season, watch out for the idiots because they could care less about you.

Lucky...

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
Glad that you were able to avoid spending Christmas recovering from a crash with that SUV. Presumably you didn't have the 46-incher HDTV on board!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glad that you were able to avoid spending Christmas recovering from a crash with that SUV. Presumably you didn't have the 46-incher HDTV on board!
haha, that just made me think of the small TVs you can get for vehicles for passengers to watch while you drive. For a bike, have one on the back of your helmet for the 2nd person to watch :p It would be quite entertaining to see, no 46 incher, but still

Glad you didn't get hurt

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wal Mart

verry good post. Here on Black Friday a shopper was killed when trying to cross the road to get to Wal Mart. Other driver ran him over and never slowed down prior. Just the other day me my wife and two kids were walking into the same walmart from our car when another car began to back out of its parking space. Problem was I was walking past with my 6 year old daughter at the same time. The driver wasnt even looking back. I Pulled my daughter back out of the way just in time and the driver looked back (but not in the direction traffic would come from). His wife was in the passenger seat and as I yelled and screamed and waved my hands she looked right at me and never even made as much as a facial expression as her husband continued to back out of the parking space and way too fast and now almost hitting my wife and son. Driver never saw us and wife never told him to stop or slow down before he hit us. Im kinda lucky he didnt stop cause I would have probably punched him and ended up in trouble.

Please people watch out for these idiots. Thats just one story. Since moving to San Antonio I have had many close calls on my bike and too many stories to tell. Take care all and be careful

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Be careful. It's the time of year where you definately want to park your bike way out in the parking lot. Only problem there is people are trying to skate past all the slow parking areas and cut across those spaces. They don't look for bikes out there. Bikes like yours. And then SMASH!!!!

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe....that tv wouldn't have fit on the back of the bike...even with bungee cord!!!!
Prime example of why bike owners need to install heat seeking missiles on bikes!!! It just seems every year it gets worse and worse. People think their all around "aura" is a more higher scale than anyone else's and the rest of us need to yield. And according to the people that live around here, that is 87 percent of the population.
Anyways, tv works great but directv support stinks!!! Signed up for hi def.
I get high def but only works on local stations. I call support. Talk to a guy
who must have been a protester during the 60's civil rights movement. He had a deep deep southern drawl and spoke real low. He finally setup a tech to come out to the house. Guy showed up today. I coulda done it myself through the remote control!!!!!!!!!!! Took all of 10 minutes. Ahhhhhhh I'll never go back to normal tv again!

Lucky...

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
glad youre OK...typical and it will get worse before better

ride safe all..they other guy isnt looking at all

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
We have snow and ice on the ground here now. I hate winter here. I need to move.

I can't imagine trying to ride the V2K on this. Man, I'd be down before I got out of the driveway!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts