Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the procedures to get water out of an engine. Today I ran my ksf250 through a creek and it got too deep. When i checked the oil it looked just like milk(sick). I already drained the engine. What should I do next?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
Kawa mojave said:
What are the procedures to get water out of an engine. Today I ran my ksf250 through a creek and it got too deep. When i checked the oil it looked just like milk(sick). I already drained the engine. What should I do next?
drain the oil, drain any water in your airbox, drain/clean the CVT (if yours has that setup,automatic clutch instead of a clutch lever on the bar) , put CHEAP oil in it and run the motor for a bit, then redrain it and refill with your normal oil that you use.(maybe even do the cheap oil twice) if you have an oil filled diff.(not chain drive) then it would prob. be wise to drain that and refill that with new oil also. might want to drain the carb bowl also.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would have to agree with QKENUF4U, but I would like to add that when you get into water like that and it drowns out the motor you should remove your spark plug and crank the engine to blow out any water.
it takes a lot of force to compress water and you can do engine damage like a bent rod (speaking from experiance of course) :oops:

good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips I have already filled the engine back up with cheap oil. When I redo oil change should I change the filter again or can I keep the same one in since it isn't going to get that much use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts