Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the tank comes off when you remove the one bolt under the seat. Is there any trick to it? Is it worth trying new plugs at all? Thanks guys

CB

·
Registered
140 Posts
What kind of bike do you have? On my ninja there are two bolts under the seat that you take off, then just pull back on the tank and lift up. You'll have to disconnect the fuel and vacuum lines going to the petcock and the wires going to the fuel level sensor if you have one. You'll see the plugs there on top of the head. Remember when you pull off the plug wires to pull on the boot and NOT the wire itself. Also make sure to gap the new plugs to the proper sec before installing them. I like to do it before I even take anything apart just to have it ready. Read the old plugs you take out to see how your engine is running. Put in the new plugs, use dielectric gease on the boot connections and reinstall the gas tank and your off. Make sure you torque the plugs in right, not only does it affect the threads in your head but it affects the amount of spark exposed to air/fuel by how its seated. If you've never changed the plugs on this bike (even if you just got it) it is definitely worth the time since you can't assume it was done recently (well unless its a brand new bike). Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts