Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a zzr600 04'. i notice i cant get the thing to stand up... well without clutching it, is there any rpms and ways that i can without clutching... and if i do clutch it up how badly is it hurting my bike and how bad is weelieing for it period... i also ordered a 15 tooth front sprocket so i will get more snap, has anyone done this and if so how do u like it.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The particular bike you own was never made to pop wheelies (none of them were, but a sport-touring especially). You can change your gears and such, but around here we believe in keeping 2 wheels on the ground. Please, just make sure if you're going to stunt to do it in a parking lot or on a closed off road.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
try holding the clutch, revving the motor, and letting the clutch go about half way. It'll feel like a kick in the pants, but I've seen a EX250 wheelied, so i bet the zzr-600 can too. be careful, you can seriously hurt your self.
I offered advice. Anyway, good luck

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always joke, wasn't ment to make ya mad. Hell, I pop wheelies on my 500 almost daily (well, as about as good a wheelie the 500 can pop)

·
Registered
605 Posts
yeah, if he was referring to your inability to spell, well...maybe he has a point also, maybe some education whether it be general as in high school or vocational as in motorcycles should be required.

I'd say learn to ride properly first then go onto a flat parking lot and see how it feels to do wheelies, better that than to get "criticised" by all your friends for falling on your ass because you only had 1/2mm patch of tire touching the ground and ended up breaking your tailbone

P.S. I just saw a guy try a stoppie and he got rolled over by a relatively large sport bike so I'm in a little soapbox mood, hope nobody minds.

Stew

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its good, i just know alot of forums u always get a jerk who has to put in his remarks... the replies afterward i have gotten have showed me it isnt one of them... i actually dropped a tooth in the front and it actually stands right up now and is a hell of a lot of fun... thanks everyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts