Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, (ladies and?) gents.

I wandered in here a few hours ago looking for pictures of Kawi crotch rockets from about 20 years ago and ended up blowing most of the night reading in the forum. I guess that's a sign that it's a good place to hang around!

A little about me... I'm a former marine, live in california. About ready to get my hands on my second bike, a Kawi 1985 zx600. My first bike was a Yamaha virago xv750. I'm expecting to take it easy for a couple of weeks while I get used to the difference between the sport and cruiser styles!

anyway. I'm not feeling too long-winded, so, "hey everyone, what's up?"

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome to the fourm, psiphre. As you know from reading posts here, this is a good place with tons of useful information, and some great folks.

I did the opposite switch you did this summer. Went from riding a Yamaha FZ1 to a Vulcan 1500 Classic. You'll enjoy the bike no doubt. It will just have a bit more spirit than you are used to :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Freakinout said:
Welcome to the forum bro. You just need to get some pics up of your new ride.
You're absolutely right! I forgot to put up a pic of my new baby. I knew I was forgetting something!

here you go:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome, glad to have you aboard

·
Registered
605 Posts
oooh, A virago, and an XV750 at that....I'm curious...what exactly does one of those look like... :lol:

Fill in your profile that way all the cali people know where you are, there are quite a few on this forum. 1Adam12 may have pulled you over even :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking ride.

I also like the older bikes. If you're looking for pics go to www.bikepics.com

They have pics of just about everything.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
psiphre said:
Freakinout said:
Welcome to the forum bro. You just need to get some pics up of your new ride.
You're absolutely right! I forgot to put up a pic of my new baby. I knew I was forgetting something!

here you go:
That was the first bike I owned! It has very quick steering with the 16" front tire. Try Bridgstone Battleaxes or Metzlers when you need tire change! Welcome to the forum and gr8 bike!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1Adam12 said:
That was the first bike I owned! It has very quick steering with the 16" front tire. Try Bridgstone Battleaxes or Metzlers when you need tire change! Welcome to the forum and gr8 bike!
Thanks for the tip! this bike was advertised with "about 10% tread left" so the first thing I'm going to do is replace the tires. I'm going to ben utter tire nazi because i blew out the rear tire of my virago while I was riding home from work one afternoon on the I-5.

Quite the lesson learned there: ALWAYS do a pre-ride check. I could have caught that problem weeks in advance.

Also, Stuart - thanks for the tip. I'll get my info filled in tonight. Your virago is a little newer than mine was -- I had an '83 and it was a GREAT first bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts