Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All woman riders........this forum is for us!!!
I wanted to provide a place we could post topic's that pertain to us.....THE GIRLS!!! :wink:

So feel free to discuss various topic's...motorcycles, maintenance, gear, experienced rides, guys, movies, kids....... :lol: :lol:

Have Fun!!!

Ride Hard, Ride Safe :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is really great. I've been looking for a "Ladie's Only" forum, that really is ladies only. Every time I go to a Ladie's MC Forum, I see more guys posting than women. Makes me not want to post there.

Looking forward to a successful Forum for women!

Miki

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mikimoto said:
This is really great. I've been looking for a "Ladie's Only" forum, that really is ladies only. Every time I go to a Ladie's MC Forum, I see more guys posting than women. Makes me not want to post there.

Looking forward to a successful Forum for women!

Miki
Glad you like it....hope you find it to be helpful, and welcome to the forum!!

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Welcome to the Ladies Forum

Lori,

Greetings. Ninja Girl started this one and a lot of guys got a little hot about it, but that is OK.

How long have you been riding? If you have any questions, let us know

Heather

·
Registered
152 Posts
Greetings all, I am Liz from Lake Tahoe Ca. Grew up in Marin Co. Northern San Francisco Bay Area. Schooled on Hwy 1, daily. View history at www.ninjabandit.com/liz . I am mechanicly inclined and have lots o gear. :wink: Glad to be here to share with other Girl riders.
Peace

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wanted to ask a question about riding in San Francisco. I am new to riding and wanted to know.....since I am a novice.....how can you get out of first gear without backing into a car behind you....especially a taxi.....like there are steep hills around Haight and North Beach but I want to commute to San Francisco from Sacramento which is about 80 miles by freeway and needed some tips on how to ride safely in San Francisco.

Novice Shamari

·
Registered
152 Posts
San Francisco Hills

:shock: This is a very valid question, about a situation all of us encountered at one time or another. My soloution is ti keep the clutch in, in 1st gear, left foot on the ground holding you up and steady, Right foot on the foot break, keeping you on the hill in the same spot. Left hand with clutch in, right hand teasing the throttle. As you apply the throttle and let out the clutch you feel the bike wanting to pull forward, at this point you slowly let up on the foot break, thus acellerating up the hill. I would recomend attempting this near home somewhere away from traffic, till you have it down. Traffic can "shake you" specially on thoes San Francisco Hills!! I grew up in Marin and moved to San Francisco after I had been riding alot. Highway 1 is a beautiful ride to make and can really develope you conoring sklills too. Good Luick with that,
Peace

·
Registered
92 Posts
:p I am so glad you asked this question two. I am also a somewhat new rider and also want to take a trip to the city but have also been concerned. Thanks for the info. Let me know how its going for you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi friend...:D

It's nice to see this forum. I am very crazy about riding bikes.

Please give me some maintenance tips.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone! I was wondering if there was anyone around the CT area, I'm a very very newbie to riding, but i love it. Looking for someone with any good tips!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello all!! I just wanted to stop in and say hello and introduce myself! I am Karrie Ann from Toledo, Ohio and a newbie to the riding scene. I just bought my bike a few weeks ago and it is the 2008 Ninja 250R in Candy Plasma Blue. I have already had a little mishap with it and I am going to get back up and try again. I take the safety course in mid-June and cant wait to get out there with some experienced riders. If there is anyone from the Toledo area that wants to ride together sometime please feel free to send me a message sometime!

·
Finally got my Ninja!!
611 Posts
Ladies,

I'm feeling excited right now. Hopefully it won't be a total let down, but I'm driving up to charlotte tomorrow to look at a 04 250, blue (the color i have been wanting). if all goes well, i'll pick it up on Wed prolly cause i have classes all morning and work, although now i'm thinking about skipping work to go get the bike if possible on monday, then i can go get all the stuff i need to get done tuesday between my classes.

keep your fingers crossed for me. and best part is... ITS IN MY PRICE RANGE. now as long as nothing breaks on my car, i'll be good.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
hey girls, not trying to steal your kool-aide, just wanted to say hello and provide two things for you. 1) I have the MSF info including range master instruction cards, sample test etc; and two, most of you ride 250 ninja's and I have losts of experience odding them, so I would be happy to provide assist on any adjustments, mods etc

·
Finally got my Ninja!!
611 Posts
well i drove the hour and change to charlotte to look at the bike. looked okay as i pulled up in the parking lot, then i looked around and realized there was no place to store it from the weather. bummer #1, got out the car and noticed all the gunk built up from the last 4 years of riding and hardly any cleaning. bummer #2

I just thought no, that can't be that bad. then i walked around the bike slowly, the right side fairing was all cracked to he**, the engine area had obvious leaks, but i was being told it was from the chain grease .. i know grease, i'm a mechanic (thanks to uncle sam). then i took a look at the air intake, mostly rusted out, then i walked to the back, i saw at least two nails and a plug in the tire. add on the rear blinkers had been taped back onto the bike.

*sigh*

i'm starting to think its not meant for me to have a bike. i only wasted a quarter tank of gas, but still that's about 15.00 bucks. now i'm ****ed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ladies, I was just wondering if anyone wears the Icon Women's Bombshell boots and what do you think of them. What are they like in the rain, how's the heel? etc etc. I currently wear the Alpinestars but wanted something alittle more stylish for our road trips.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts