Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We welcomed home a great hero today in PA. Sgt. McCoy. Nick is a hero beyond compare. He served a tour of duty in Iraq, and volunteered to serve a second tour.

He lost both of his legs when he was hit by a road side bomb, but Nick is a fighter in more ways than one. He has not given up the fight, and as a result he is recovering. He came home today to be with his family for Christmas.

The PA chapter of the PGR is a remarkable machine. The orginizers contacted the local police, the air traffic control, the state police, the fire dept, the military, the news teams, and many PGR members.

Every one did there part to make sure Nick got a heros welcome. The police orginized blocking of hundreds of traffic lights to keep the parade together, and when we arrived at Sgt McCoys home, after a three hour ride, all of his neighbors and friends, along with his local fire dept and police were ready with food and cheering.

I don't have a tear left in my eyes. God bless this brave solder, Sgt Nichlas McCoy.

D

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I have a lump in my throat after reading your post.

Welcome home Nick!!!

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to recognize him.

·
Love my 1500!
2,460 Posts
Hats off to Sgt. McCoy & the PGR for jobs well done!

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
What a tremendous thing your community did for clearly a deserving person. Please pass on a warm welcome home, wishes for a speedy recovery and a lifelong debt of gratitude on behalf of all of us on this forum.

All the men and women of our Armed Forces are heroes in my mind as well...

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Well done PGR and to Sgt McCoy there are just no words to describe my appreciation. All I can say is

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

·
Recycled Rider
583 Posts
Thanks DM for sharing the story.
What we do over here is difficult, especially when our buddies are killed or end up disabled.
But to know of such receptions by our communities helps keep us strong.
Thanks PGR for your support.
And especially thanks to SGT McCoy. May the rest of your life be blessed.
roger

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Well done PGR and to Sgt McCoy there are just no words to describe my appreciation. All I can say is

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
+10,000! Blessings to that family for sacrificing for us.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks DM for sharing the story.
What we do over here is difficult, especially when our buddies are killed or end up disabled.
But to know of such receptions by our communities helps keep us strong.
Thanks PGR for your support.
And especially thanks to SGT McCoy. May the rest of your life be blessed.
roger
Yooper, please send a Merry Christmas message to all the troops for us. We pray for your safe and speedy return. Thank you for your service. You are the true heros of our great nation. God bless each and everyone of you.

D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts