Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Mark in Houston
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to get some supporting sympathy from another thread and struck out. So let me try again.

I had a road rage incident where an idiot jumped out of his car and acted like he was going to push me over. He even patted me on the shoulder.

Now I wasn't completely innocent in this matter, since I told him to procreate with himself for swerving around my right side so he could make a left turn in front of me at a stop sign. You see, there was a parade of kids coming out of high school and they were all running the stop sign on the street I wanted to turn left on. So I was waiting for a car to actually stop and he didn't want to wait on me waiting.

Perhaps if I'd had on my colors and a doo-rag instead of my riding gear, he may have thought..."heck this guy might pull a knife on me or beat me to death with his wallet chain." Of course I'd also have to debadge my Vulcan and put on loud pipes. I guess I'm a wimp who will now keep his big mouth shut.

Anyway the F'er called me an old man when I raised my face shield. "Told me I'd be better of keeping my mouth shut, old man. Guess he was right. I even told him, hey...I don't have all that metal to keep me safe and I waiting for someone to not run the stop sign. Is that the way you want your kid to drive. He told me he rides bikes all the time, and called me an old man. If I'd thought some more I'd said...."Fine, I'm old, I'm rich, and I know a lot of lawyers and cops and MC gangs. Give it your best shot A hole."

I really hope he is spaghetti on the road somewhere.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
I know how you feel. I drive a lot and see such stupid stuff on a regular basis that I'm fairly well desensitized. One thing I'd recommend if this ever happens again is to get the license number of the person's car. That way, if they make any physical contact the police will be able to find them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
So... did anything actually happen, or was it just bickering and a pat on the shoulder?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I tried to get some supporting sympathy from another thread and struck out. So let me try again.

I had a road rage incident where an idiot jumped out of his car and acted like he was going to push me over. He even patted me on the shoulder.

Now I wasn't completely innocent in this matter, since I told him to procreate with himself for swerving around my right side so he could make a left turn in front of me at a stop sign. You see, there was a parade of kids coming out of high school and they were all running the stop sign on the street I wanted to turn left on. So I was waiting for a car to actually stop and he didn't want to wait on me waiting.

Perhaps if I'd had on my colors and a doo-rag instead of my riding gear, he may have thought..."heck this guy might pull a knife on me or beat me to death with his wallet chain." Of course I'd also have to debadge my Vulcan and put on loud pipes. I guess I'm a wimp who will now keep his big mouth shut.

Anyway the F'er called me an old man when I raised my face shield. "Told me I'd be better of keeping my mouth shut, old man. Guess he was right. I even told him, hey...I don't have all that metal to keep me safe and I waiting for someone to not run the stop sign. Is that the way you want your kid to drive. He told me he rides bikes all the time, and called me an old man. If I'd thought some more I'd said...."Fine, I'm old, I'm rich, and I know a lot of lawyers and cops and MC gangs. Give it your best shot A hole."

I really hope he is spaghetti on the road somewhere.
Yeah thats a bad scene, you can talk all you want and say anything, you pat my shoulder or touch me? We dance down at knuckle junction.

·
Mark in Houston
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing happened because I wimped out, being on a running MC and him standing there threatening me. Maybe that was for the best. I really don't know how to stop a bike, put it on the kickstand, jump off, and pound knuckles.
I'm ****ed at myself, but probably did the right thing. But **** I'd like to give him his due.

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
Even if you beat his a** would that have solved anything? In todays world you would end up in court paying the jerk your hard earned dollars. IMHO Live and let live.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Even if you beat his a** would that have solved anything? In todays world you would end up in court paying the jerk your hard earned dollars. IMHO Live and let live.
That's how I feel about it too. Just tell him to get a life and leave. It Isn't worth all the trouble.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Let it go bro. It's a no-win situation. If you had pummeled the guy you'd probably be in fair trouble right now, and you'd still feel crappy.
The world is full of asshats. Don't give em free rent in your head.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Well put. Not worth your time, Mark!! :wink:
Let it go bro. It's a no-win situation. If you had pummeled the guy you'd probably be in fair trouble right now, and you'd still feel crappy.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
147 Posts
I see a lot of that. The joy of revenge I get is when an a_hole like that come into my court and sees me there. It's humble pie time. Even better when they start cussing the judge and I take them to holding in cuffs.

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
Generally, I let stuff like this (people cutting me off or doing stupid things on the road) roll off my back. I might shake my head noticably at them, if they actually bother to look, but so long as I saw them first and avoided whatever stupidity they did from killing me, all is good.

As skewterdewd alluded, it usually isn't worth it.

I know it doesn't help much with all of the "what if" going through your head, but be safe in the knowledge that you rode away the better man.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Nothing happened because I wimped out, being on a running MC and him standing there threatening me. Maybe that was for the best. I really don't know how to stop a bike, put it on the kickstand, jump off, and pound knuckles.
I'm ****ed at myself, but probably did the right thing. But **** I'd like to give him his due.
Don't be mad at yourself. You did the right thing. I know you did the right thing because no is hurt and no one is in jail. At best you would have kicked the sheite out of him. Then he would have called the cops and said it was all your fault and you would be going to jail and getting sued because he is just an a$$hole. Let it go - you done good.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
I tend to agree with those who say let it go (or try to). Just to cheer you up, two years ago a dude on a custom chopper stopped in the middle of a four lane overpass to give an old man (looked about 80ish) heck for tail gating
The dude was obviously scared and almost ran the biker down trying to flee.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I see a lot of that. The joy of revenge I get is when an a_hole like that come into my court and sees me there. It's humble pie time. Even better when they start cussing the judge and I take them to holding in cuffs.
Don't you just love when that happens:mrgreen: I baliff in city court from time to time, and it is really fun to see some a**hole come in and almost pass out when they see you standing there in uniform:shock:

·
... at the old, ballgame!
1,061 Posts
Back in May a guy cut me off and almost sideswiped me on an exit ramp here in town. I laid on the horn and flipped him off - then the guy stopped on the exit ramp and started cussing me out. When I went to turn, he followed me instead of taking his original path, then pulled up next to me, rolled down the window and started threatening to beat me to a pulp. He even offered to beat me up right there on the overpass.

Thank some techie for cell phones. I got mine out and called 911 - he asked what I was doing and I told him I was calling the cops on him for assault. That made him run away, but not before I gave the 911 operator his license plate number.

Nothing ever came of it one way or the other. Saw the guy on TV later - he was a UNM football player who was trying out for an NFL team. Definitely could have beat me to a pulp. (His neck was bigger than my thighs.)

Lesson learned? I try to just let it go. I definitely try to remember not to use the one finger salute.

·
Registered
394 Posts
It is hard to swallow sometimes, but as many have said, you made the right choice. I used to get in fights when I was younger, and they all had two things in common. First, no matter how well it went for me, I always hurt afterwards, and second, it always screwed up my plans for that day. Most people aren't worth either of those.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
+1 forget it. if you keep thinking about, you'll be riding around lookin for the first person to cross your path. Hope its not anyones Grandma! but seriously it sounds like youre takin this as a personal insult to your manhood. dont take it like that. or next time just wait till he turns around and walks back to his car then get off and head but him with your helmet!! not that thats what i would do, cause i wouldnt.:wink:

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
I don't understand what gives people license these days to just challenge others like that. This guy was lucky you didn't whip out a piece and blow his *** away. He doesn't know you from Adam and has the nerve to just hop out of his car and confront you.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts