Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some kind of compound or something that you can put on it to reduce or eliminate the scratches?

2003 Blue EX500

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You can get a product called plastifix - It's basiscally gel coat I think with an activator. Sand it down and you can have a smooth surface again.

I had a url, but I know its on the whitehorse press site.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I know the guy at the motorcycle show had the ability to mix colors, but were more expensive. Otherwise they were just in white as most people painted over the patch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
repair scratch

I use a product from 3M called final glaze or finnesse Glaze. it works great on minor scratches but if you dug below the color you will only make it less noticable. If that doesn't work try a little Bondo and a nice sticker.

·
Registered
35 Posts
follow up

Found a product for you on tricktape.com go to apperance/style section they have a fairing plastic fix kit for 24.95. Has a primer finish like the bondo but is made for plastic. You will still need an OEM color to match. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Scratches

On minor or deeper scratches use a hairdryer in one hand a papertowel in the other...don't overheat the plastic and work in a small area...make sure that you have some ventilation...you don't want gas fumes nearby...but the fairing should take to some heating to get rid of some of the scratches...aoter ting to consider is flush mount turnsignals, and perhaps reflecrive or non reflective tape or decals. EVEN an aftermarket fairing!!! OR sanding down hte one that you have and doing a custom or even solid color paint job...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts