Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 1980 KZ750 LTD. it only has 4100 actual miles. I think it sat outside for its whole life. I think the points are rusted Not even sure where they are located. The start switch is bad. I would like to find a factory manual for it. I looked for a Chiltons, or a Clymor Manual but they do not have one for a two cylinder. I don't like Haynes manuals. I really want a Kawaski OEM service manual. If anyone could help me locate one I would appreciate it. I also need to know where the points are located. :?: Thanks, Heather

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , my brother found the points. he knows nothing about them . but he found where they go. I am planning going to Atlanta Saturday and see if I can get it running. The way he describes the bike I think it has about 104011 instead of the 4011 on the odomator. We shall see.

I will try Beartooth for parts next time I am in need. I have a shop up in Louisville that has a lot of parts in stock, but their prices are pretty high.
Thanks for the info,

Mack

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Mack
Is that the 3 cylinder 2 stroke 750? IF it is it's a RABBID as in MAD machine bad to the core. It's an engine that they could put on the end of a chainsaw and eat redwood trees with! They idle like they are messed up and ready to die...just awful sounding, but when they hit about 4k-5k they all of a sudden take on an attitude of their own and will rip you off of the bike if you're not holding on tight when you twist the throttle. The one I rode in Hawaii scared the...me to pieces. I finally tried it again on the trak and it scared me at first, till I learned where in the throttle to shift my weight onto the pegs and lean forward to keep the front end close enough to the ground, and control the throttle...some...great bike!!!
Lindsey ZX-2R

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havean,t got to see it yet . I belive it is a two cylender. Heather posted the help and i told her that se should right the word cylender insted of cyl. I will see it saterday and know for sure. My brother bought it for me from a frind of his . He knows nothing about bikes. He said it had two spark plugs and two headers. I asume it is a twin. I heard of the 3 cylender and also of shaft drive , belt and chain drive on 750,s from 1980-1983 , also two three and four cylender,s also. I will find out saterday hopefully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts