Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of these off ebay and they looked cool enough and the price was right so I pulled the throttle and purchased them. They arrived from England and I got to work to install them. Once I got the old lines off I noticed they had the ends turned the wrong direction and that they were to short. I contacted the guy and he said ship them back and he would make new ones. Shortly after that he emailed back and said forget sending them back, it was to far away and costly. Instead he wanted detailed photos and lenghts and direction and angles of ends. I went to work again and emailed all the pics with measurements to him. Several weeks later the second set of lines arrived. Upon opening the box I paired them up against the first set and the two were identical. I contacted the seller again and I was really ****ed off at the time I wrote to him so he wrote back stating that he was under no obligation to refund my money. At thaty point I shipped the whole mess back to him and asked for a refund. He agreed to send my money back. Five weeks later I get a notice from paypal saying that he had shorted me $25! I am ****ed again. and called Ebay to file a claim against the guy. Ebay only offers buyers protection for 45 days! Sorry! Bottom line, DON"T BUY LINES FROM WEZMOTO. He couldn't get past the fact that he had sold 50+ sets to GPZ owners and no problems. I explained that I could mount the front lines with the bike on the side stand but the first time the front wheel dropped into a hole or god forbid I should pull a wheelie the lines would be under tremendous stretch. With the bike on the center stand it was clearly not long enough to fit. I also explained to him the front suspension forks have a negative top out spring that allows the fork to extend aprox. 3/4in. past what your looking at with the bike on the center stand. I don't think this guy even makes the lines and they are just purchased from another manufacturer. I'm going to cyclebrakes.com in L A. If you send your old lines to them Galfer will produce new ones that work. Galfer also has a set that is off the shelf for my 82 GPZ 550 but I'm afraid they might have the swivel ends on them and I don't want those type ends.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had a local company make teflon-lined stainless lines for my KZ1000 and they are beautiful and seem to make a really big difference in brake performance. I took the original rubber lines in to him and he duplicated them but with all the new technology. The name of the company is "Califlower" and they are in Rockville, Md. and actually make lines for other industries to the highest of standards as well as testing each and every line for pressure and fitting integrity. The charge was not much over one hundred dollars for all three lines and I feel it was easily worth that or more for the safety and peace of mind. Good luck and be safe.

oldkawboy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a set of these off ebay and they looked cool enough and the price was right so I pulled the throttle and purchased them. They arrived from England and I got to work to install them. Once I got the old lines off I noticed they had the ends turned the wrong direction and that they were to short. I contacted the guy and he said ship them back and he would make new ones. Shortly after that he emailed back and said forget sending them back, it was to far away and costly. Instead he wanted detailed photos and lenghts and direction and angles of ends. I went to work again and emailed all the pics with measurements to him.

So basically we let you keep the lines which you incorrectly ordered for the wrong bike.

Several weeks later the second set of lines arrived. Upon opening the box I paired them up against the first set and the two were identical.

Thats because the pictures you sent me and the spec you requested was identical to what you already ordered.

I contacted the seller again and I was really ****ed off at the time I wrote to him so he wrote back stating that he was under no obligation to refund my money.

Correct, after 45 days I could have just ignored you, but I didn't I offered to refund you and again told you not to return them.

At thaty point I shipped the whole mess back to him and asked for a refund. He agreed to send my money back. Five weeks later I get a notice from paypal saying that he had shorted me $25!

I didn't short you anything. You sent them back in a fit of rage and it cost you $25. You would have not been out of pocket if you weren't so trucculent.

I am ****ed again. and called Ebay to file a claim against the guy. Ebay only offers buyers protection for 45 days! Sorry! Bottom line, DON"T BUY LINES FROM WEZMOTO. He couldn't get past the fact that he had sold 50+ sets to GPZ owners and no problems.

It's true, over 50 other buyers with your model bike have been happy, along with over 3000 other people on Ebay. I actually pride myself on my customer service.

I don't think this guy even makes the lines and they are just purchased from another manufacturer.

We DO manufacture our own lines. The patterns and parts come from the UK's leading motorcycle hoses manufacturer under licence.

I'm going to cyclebrakes.com in L A. If you send your old lines to them Galfer will produce new ones that work. Galfer also has a set that is off the shelf for my 82 GPZ 550 but I'm afraid they might have the swivel ends on them and I don't want those type ends.

If you had sent me your lines I too could have copied them, but you didn't want to do that, remember.

Now, in the interest of fairness , shall I post on here the physical threats you sent me in your email ? No I won't, because I am a professional, not a very angry person with a temper.

Look for yourself at my ebay status and feedback everyone, and judge for yourselves. Please don't go on the say so of one person.

Wez.
Home

·
Biker Chef
1,026 Posts
While I appreciate your need to express yourselves, hopefully you kids can both share a bit of dignity and keep you're issue to yourselves via email or pm.

But I must say Wez, if you've had so many satisfied customers on EBAY, as you say, why go through the effort to become a member of this forum to defend yourself against an obviously unsatisfied customer, weather you think he is or not?????? A REAL professional would have read the post, then contacted the unhappy customer through email, phone whatever. As a Chef if I have an unsatisfied customer "guest" I do what it takes to make them happy, even if it means swallowing a bit of pride, but do it tastefully.

The fact that your here tells me 2 things:

#1 Your obviously not all that secure with how you handle you business dealing's.
#2 If you were trying to make things better for yourself, you didn't......

·
Registered
2 Posts
While I appreciate your need to express yourselves, hopefully you kids can both share a bit of dignity and keep you're issue to yourselves via email or pm.

But I must say Wez, if you've had so many satisfied customers on EBAY, as you say, why go through the effort to become a member of this forum to defend yourself against an obviously unsatisfied customer, weather you think he is or not?????? A REAL professional would have read the post, then contacted the unhappy customer through email, phone whatever. As a Chef if I have an unsatisfied customer "guest" I do what it takes to make them happy, even if it means swallowing a bit of pride, but do it tastefully.

The fact that your here tells me 2 things:

#1 Your obviously not all that secure with how you handle you business dealing's.
#2 If you were trying to make things better for yourself, you didn't......
We reply to all posts on all forums, simple. Your opinion of my reply is your opinion, that is fine :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have no stake in this, have never dealt with the vendor in question, etc., but I must say that I don't blame the vendor for signing up on the list in order to state his case. If I were a chef and someone was unsatisfied with a meal I made and they then broadcast on the www that I was a lousy cook I'd probably want to give my point of view too.

·
ENDORSED
161 Posts
I for one have no problem with Wezmoto defending his reputation.

Remember there are two sides to every story.

If I was an honest vendor and knew there was a flaming post out there on the web, I too would take the time to sign up and defend my reputation.

Seeing this exchange openly on this forum is a perfect place for it to take place, let the user make up his own mind.

Really, we can handle it.

·
Biker Chef
1,026 Posts
Guess I deal with my business matters different boys.

I've had people flame me before, online, and I will again. It happens and it to be expected. Some folks are just not "civilized" if you know what I mean. I prefer to bring the customers in to meet me, or talk to them on the phone in "real time". I do what it takes to make them happy. I refund there $$$, bring them in and personally cook for them, an off the menu full course meal.

Then they usually post on how they were dealt with professionally, and how I do what it takes to obtain 100% customer satisfaction. If they are still not satisfied, I know I tried. Some people can not be made happy, no matter what effort is put forth. But I will not go online and defend myself. I let my customer base speak for my abilities. If you are truly good at what you do, and are respectful of your clients, things will always take care of themselves. You can not please ALL of the people ALL of the time.

For a business owner to join a forum to simply make one post, to defend himself, because one customer is sharing a bad experience, to me is tasteless and shows that you are fearful of the outcome, be it a bad reputation or lost business. Nothing was said about the product's quality, but how the customer felt one on one service was not up to par. Wez could have sent Gavin a PM to deal with this, then they both could have posted the outcome. That's how I would have done it. It's the professional way to do it.

All that happens in instances like this is you have an unhappy customer, and the defensive businesses owner. It's starts off with posts with each trying to state there case, then ends up in another online forum ****ing match.

And for what it's worth, I'm not going to judge how WEZ does business on one unsatisfied man's comments. Most of us will do online research before we buy any product, and you read the good and the bad comments and make your own decisions. That's why EBAY shows customer feedback, right?????

However, WEZ joining this forum to as you say to "defend" himself does nothing but put a bit of doubt in my mind on how he deals with customers and in turn his business.

·
Sick Puppy
3,195 Posts
If WEZ never responded, we would never hear his side. I would rather hear both. It sounds like it's over with WEZ moving on and Gaven Housh having lines done elsewhere.

Good Luck to both.

·
Old and nasty
517 Posts
I have no problem with WEZ coming on here and defending him self.
I don't either. Some people enjoy being a doormat and that is what's wrong with this country today. NOBODY will stand up for this country except for the military, and then God help them if they have to flex their muscles. This is what the young parents of this country are teaching their children. Be a wuss. WEZ, bravo for defending yourself, somebody has to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had a discussion with Wez on EBay. Just wanted to clarify the correct set of lines for my Yamaha xs1100 before buying. The guy has no customer service at all. I took the time to measure all my lines and pass on the info to him. Apparently none of his XS1100 kits fit my standard bike. Think this might suprise him or have him concerned. No, he refuses to tell me any of the measurements of his kits and tells me it is not wortn the trouble of the 10 pound he makes from each set.
The guy is a total dick.
I can cut and paste the conversation if there is any confusion or doubt. I would hate to deal with a problem with this guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts