Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Jason and I went for a nice ride today. It started out overcast and around 70 and later warmed up to about 78 or so. He's got an 04 R-1 and I of course am still riding my old school Ninja 900.

We went up to Castaic Lake and it was a great ride.....Hardly any cars or motorcycles on the road that started out with tripple digit speeds down into the twisties at less than 40mph.

The first observation as I followed was that he was kicking up a lot of gravel at me and I started to look around the road a little more and notice a heck of a lot of loose gravel and sand by the edges....

So it was pretty much go easy and stay away from the outside edge for traction. We got up to a place called the "Rock Inn", not to be confused for the Rock Store. They had the best burger I have had in the longest time. It was big, juicey and 1/2 pound.

The view around the lake was nice...took some pics(digital broken) so I'll have to wait to get them back and I'm not done with the roll yet. We stopped by a look out point and there was an awesome 300ZX.

The first thing the guy says is "oh man thats a nice bike - he was talking to Jason (we were off the bikes), but then I realized he took out his digital camera to take pics of my bike. Jason laughed it off, but then we went to Cycle Gear in Valencia and the same thing happened again. It was a hoot to me cause Jason has the inspiring R-1 and my bike is 19 years old!

·
Registered
605 Posts
lol, same thing happened to me the other day except I had my 82 virago 750 out and my friend had his 96/97 virago 1100. Another score for the criminal justice boys :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Pitty

Pitty one would choose a new pretty bike over a vintage icon like yours. Some people today are just into "today" and have no clue of the history of bikes automobiles, aircraft.........

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Pitty

ZX-2R said:
Pitty one would choose a new pretty bike over a vintage icon like yours. Some people today are just into "today" and have no clue of the history of bikes automobiles, aircraft.........
Have to admit that I have a soft spot for a new/used Ducati 998. Wouldn't mind a nice classic 916 in red though.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
999S

We just had the County Fair and I was chatting with several Duc riders, and spouses. They want me to visit the shop...seems they have several "awesome" Ducs used on hte floor that would be"Perfect" for me. I just can't/won't go. I want a Kawasaki. I can find a Duc after...I couldn't believe the sound and maneuverability. It was like synronized riding for these 3 guys, two with passengers, less than 18" apart as the turned and backed them up...Definately impressive bikes when you are in their presence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts