Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

What a nice ride last night

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  JohnG1975 
#1 ·
A friend of mine rode over on his new Sportster and we went for a ride down by the river last night. About half way , we stopped and had some coffee and a donut at Dunkin Donuts and when we were in the parking lot gearing up to leave, the sky got real bright an we saw that Rocket take off from Cape Canaveral. What a beautiful sight that was on a crystal clear night. (We take that stuff for granted around here.) After that we crossed over the causeway and rode the beach highway for a while. It was about 58 degrees outside and the traffic was light. The smell of the ocean breeze was sweet.

I'm telling you, what a way to just relax. When I got home, I felt great, except for my shoulder which I jammed up pretty good earlier in the day on my dirtbike when I took some soil samples around a corner (the front end washed out when I hit a root sticking out). I took a few Ibruprofin and even my shoulder felt better.

What a great day yesterday was. I got to ride my dirtbike on some fast trails with some friends and then my streetbike in the evening with another friend. Sometimes, life just treats you good! :D :D :D

#6 ·
Sounds like a great time. You know what I like most about riding at night?
It's how the bike sparkles when the lights shine on it.
Chrome looks so good at night!!!
For some reason... and I don't know why, I like to ride at night better too. It may be because I live in Florida and it is cooler at night. In any case, nothing better than a nice ride at night.

#11 ·
Florida rocks this time of year!
(as opposed to here. sideways rain, 45 degrees & nasty!) Ever ride your scoot down to Key West? I drove it last year on the day after Xmas, and made a vow to ride next time I'm down. It's freakin unbelievable.
I have not rode my bike down to Key West yet. I do plan to trailer it down this winter sometime and then ride it all over while there. It's about an 8 hour drive all the way down to Key West from where I live in Palm Bay. My wife won't ride 2 up, so I'll take the truck too. She can rent a moped while we are there.

#13 ·
The ride to Key West is awesome.....one of the best rides in the US....100 miles from Miami, mostly along and over the water.....I've done it many times and it never gets old. Those of you up north should consider a winter vacation....rent a bike for a week in Miami and ride thru the Keys.....highs about 80F, lows about 60F......central and south Florida are much warmer in the winter than northern Florida....the weather in central and south Florida are moderated much more by the Gulf and Atlantic than northern Florida.
ED

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.