Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the local motorcylce mega mall today with my girlfriend on the back of my 96 vulcan 1500 classic. The idea was for her to sit on a few bikes and get an idea of what she wanted. We had been thesre about an hour, warming the seats of all the bikes. She then sits down on a brand new '07 Vulcan 900 classic in full dress. Gets the feel of it for a few minutes...says that she likes it....and buys it on the spot. We pick it up next Saturday. She has always talked HD, so I was surprised when she fell for the Vulcan. Gotta love her. Pics to follow next week.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
congrats to her! you may want to marry her now, she has very good taste (dont want her to come to her senses :shock:)

:lol:

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
Congrats, pics of the bike ..........and rider, please :oops:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Tell her "Welcome aboard" for us.

You guys going to make the Calico run on the 15th? We'll be making a fuel stop probably around 11:30 at Main & the 15, you can join up with us there.
After Calico, we're heading over to Peggy Sue's for lunch.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
She made a good choice

I'll probally get someone pi$$ed at me for saying this, but I think Harley's are WAY over priced, and for the money, it's hard to beat metric bikes!
Ok, there I said it :shock:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a plan, RL. I am about 10 minutes away. I will be there for sure.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sucky face?....................................oh!, that.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Sounds like a plan, RL. I am about 10 minutes away. I will be there for sure.
Great! It'll be a good break-in ride for the 900 on the highway.

It will be a large group, and we will be broken up by skill/comfort levels, with experienced leaders and tailgunners for each group.
We had almost 40 bikes rolling through the Malibu canyons last month!

·
Millenium Vulcan Pilot
3,808 Posts
I Love stories like this...:smile:

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Gratz to her & you! We'll be needin pics of her & her new scoot!!

That 900 is a great ride......not good enough to cut in on the suckface time though!! :shock: :biggrin: 8)

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
People can joke all they want about women changing their minds. When it comes to buying a bike, the men are the ones that get all wishy-washy!

Good for the two of you, and here's to many happy miles together.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I dont own a 900 i used to own a 800B and now i own a vn2000, but it seems like kaw really did their homework on this bike. All the kaw dealerships i go to says the 900 is their best selling cruiser. Its so well rounded and does so many thing for so many different types of people. Big bike features with a small bike price and insurance rates.. 8)

chris

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Not a shocker at all, she just knows quality when she sees it. ;-)

Congratulations. :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh My...

I'll probally get someone pi$$ed at me for saying this, but I think Harley's are WAY over priced, and for the money, it's hard to beat metric bikes!
Ok, there I said it :shock:
To quote our 2 year-old grandson..."What did you do?" :lol:

I still like the Harley's but I tend to agree. We are doing the purchasing of a bigger bike for the wife here at this house. I thought for sure she'd be wanting a Sportster but after looking at a number of new and used bikes the H-D's are coming up at the bottom of her wish list. She keeps on talking about how much more bike she can get for the money if it doesn't say Harley on the tank.

The great thing is that winter is starting to make its way into our part of the world and with that drop in temperature and the upcoming holidays and taxes comes some "opportunities" for those looking to buy.

Ride safe and often.

·
Registered
324 Posts
All I can say is she has taste, hope its black ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts