Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I managed to lay down my bike a couple days ago. I tried this technique of putting my butt up to the seat and using my legs to lift it. It did not work for me - I ended up having to flag a guy down to help me get the bike up. What could I be doing wrong?

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Blue500,

Sorry about the drop...I think we all do it one time for another. :roll: Welcome to the forum and what kind of bike do you have????

Heather

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I wish to never have to lift my bike off the ground again, hopefully I can get myself positioned right in terms of getting the correct leverage. I just must have not had myself in the right position.

This is my first bike - a Ninja 500R. I've had it about a month and am absolutely loving it. My first experience with a motorcycle was last May-I got to sit on the back of a friends bike for a short ride through town. I loved it. So, I took an MSF course about a month and a half ago and couldn't help myself...had to have one of my own.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome Blue!

When I had a Ninja 250, I dropped that bike 3X's. And every time I dropped it, I flipped out, got so angry at myself, and embarrassed - I think the adrenaline would start to flow, and I'd just pick it up, actually it was more like pushing it up. But it seemed very easy. Haven't dropped the Ducati or the Z - yet. But don't be hard on yourself, everyone does it.

Miki

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
mikimoto said:
Welcome Blue!

When I had a Ninja 250, I dropped that bike 3X's. And every time I dropped it, I flipped out, got so angry at myself, and embarrassed - I think the adrenaline would start to flow, and I'd just pick it up, actually it was more like pushing it up. But it seemed very easy. Haven't dropped the Ducati or the Z - yet. But don't be hard on yourself, everyone does it.

Miki
Yep we have all done it. The first week I had my 500 I layed it down on the left side, then the second week I layed it down on the right side!! Have'nt done it since and have had the bike a year now.
Blue.....glad to hear you took the MSF coarse....now you just need to practice, practice, practice...OH and have fun!!

Ride Hard, Ride Safe!! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts