Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man....what an unbelievable afternoon.
I pick up my ZX7 1990 bike from the shop. they did the standard run thru..oil change, filter change, change sparks, add generator belt which mine snapped off....

So I take the bike into work. all is good. riding home...all is good. "Get" home, that's where it all, I mean all, went down hill.

I go to drive the bike up my ramp and low and behold it tips over on the right side. mirror is busted....bike windshield broke off and I can't lift it up.

so....I tried with all my might and finally..finally I get the bike off it's side. then I wheel her in my shop...and proceed to take off the windshield so I can gluie it back together cause a new shield for my bike is $270 bucks...

I then proceed to remove the right rear view mirror and a small grommet which is a rubber piece which cushions the mirrow from the farings to the screws gets freakin lost!!!!

then I go to put that the bike on it's side stand and it slips out from under me....and tips over on the left side.........by this time I'm like ******************
so some oil starts to leak from somewhere and it finally stops. then I can't seem to lift the bike up and I ask my wife to help me prop it up...she does and I put the side stand up and propped in place......

well, needless to say I rode the **** thing all the way home without even a nat hitting the bike yet when I get her home...all hell broke lose!!!!! WTF is going on here.

it was one of those evenings when I should've just left well enough alone............

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks.
it just sucked the big ****** yesterday with all the calamities which occured to me on my bike...........sheesh...you'd think I was a newbie or something.

Now I'm on the hunt for a right green rear view mirror circa 1990 as well as a windshield.

Oh and I forgot to mention...when the bike had tipped over on the left side.....some oil came out but stopped once I propped her back up. I'm to pressume the oil was some sort of "overflow" or something coming out from the "top" of some reservoir......I'm pretty sure nothing "cracked" because there is no longer a leak on my floor.
the fluid that came out was about as much as 1/8" high liquid in a peetry dish.......I checked all over and didn't find anything leaking or cracking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts