Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall hearing that a certain size bag (windshield bag? tool bag or ???) fits nicely under the luggage rack of a Nomad simply by bolting it to the back side of the license plate holder.

Does anyone know what size that'd be? or if someone has one already, what did you get?

Thanks,
Daryl
:confused:

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Vampyre. I knew I'd seen it somewhere before, just couldn't place it.

Anyone else have one? Just curious which one's fit and how you like it?

DS

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
Anyone else have one? Just curious which one's fit and how you like it?
I personally don't like having a small bag under the parcel rack, and behind the license plate which makes it almost impossible to get to.

Good luck trying to get something like a tire pressure gauge out of it. Can imagine dropping tools on the rear fender trying to squeeze 'em through.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I personally don't like having a small bag under the parcel rack, and behind the license plate which makes it almost impossible to get to.

Good luck trying to get something like a tire pressure gauge out of it. Can imagine dropping tools on the rear fender trying to squeeze 'em through.
+1

Better perhaps to mount a small ladies purse between the pillion and backrest.

For documents and a tire gauge, the "Grifter" mounts between the plate and mount and is lockable.

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
For documents and a tire gauge, the "Grifter" mounts between the plate and mount and is lockable.
Never heard of the "Grifter" before so I googled it, and that's a nifty little $20 gizmo there. Since my license plate mounts above the tailight, the lock would have to be on top rather than on the bottom.

That would actually be a better postion as the cover will drop downwards rather than upwards which reduces the chances of anything falling out. I would think twice about opening it on windy days should there be valuable documents stored inside.

I would put the items in a Ziploc bag first before placing it inside the "Grifter". Thanks, mang, for mentioning the "Grifter" as it's now on my list!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I would put the items in a Ziploc bag first before placing it inside the "Grifter". Thanks, mang, for mentioning the "Grifter" as it's now on my list!
I put mine in one of those heavy weight Ziplocs sold at sporting goods stores for holding a fishing license. Just big enough for a carefully folded registration, proof of insurance card, and a spare $20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts